From: Vallem Veerendranatha Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 10:48:53 +0530

HI,

As per RFC 4822 (RIPv2 cryptographic authentication), RIP can support
multiple crypto authentications along with MD5 authentication like
HMAC-SHA1,HMAC-SHA2 family.

But to get the authentication information through SNMP (MIB), as per RFC
1724 , there is no filed to support new authentication types.

Please let us know whether any new updated INA values for new authentication
algorithms supported as per RFC4822 to support RIP MIB.

RFC 1724 authentication type object:

rip2IfConfAuthType OBJECT-TYPE

        SYNTAX   INTEGER {

                    noAuthentication (1),

                    simplePassword (2),

                    md5 (3)

                 }

        MAX-ACCESS   read-create

Thanks & Regards,

Veerendranath 

Huawei Technologies India Pvt Ltd.

Leela Galleria,

Banaglore,India.