Subject: routing area reorganization

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 08:13:42 -0400

We've noticed that the discussion of reorganizing the routing area has
diminished.
As discussed in our original email, Adrian and I are are meeting with our
WG chairs
and directorate early in this IETF week to refine our plan and we will be
discussing
that plan in the Routing Area open meeting (rtgarea) on Thursday.  We do
value your
input and are available for discussions, as always.

One driver for this reorganization is to get to "right-size" working groups
that are large
enough to have critical mass and not so large as to have poor
signal-to-noise for participants or suffer from disengagement.

Our expectation is to end up with a similar number of working groups and
without removing
places for work to be done.

Where there are working groups that are winding down or may benefit from
closing, that is
part of our business-as-usual that Adrian and I will take care of
separately from the reorganization.

Regards,
Alia