Subject: Closing Routing Area Overlay OAM Design Team

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:16:57 -0400

On Dec 16, 2015, I chartered an Overlay OAM Design Team (
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/routing-discussion/ZQYpinvWWdjdLrC-gAtnqat_vSU
) to investigate solutions for common OAM for multiple overlays and
encapsulations, with a focus on the work from NVO3, SFC, and BIER.

The design team has produced a number of different drafts about
possibilities in this space.

    draft-ooamdt-rtgwg-oam-gap-analysis-02
    draft-ooamdt-rtgwg-ooam-requirement-01
    draft-ooamdt-rtgwg-ooam-header-00
    draft-ooamdt-rtgwg-demand-cc-cv-00

There are still open questions around cross-layer correlations and other
innovations in OAM.
There is a need to more contributions, review and discussion.
In addition, there is now sufficient interest that I believe it is better
to close the design team and open up its mailing list to participation.  As
of today, the DT is closed.

To join the non-WG mailing list that the DT has previously used, please use:

       https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtg-ooam-d

tI have and will be continuing to active discuss how and where related work
should be managed.

I would like to thank the Design Team:
    Greg Mirsky (DT lead)
    Ignas Bagdonas
    Erik Nordmark
    Carlos Pignataro
    Mach Chen
   Santosh Pallagatti
   Deepak Kumarde
   David Mozes
   Nagendra Kumar Nainar

I would particularly like to thank Greg Mirsky who has lead the DT.
Thank you also to all those who have actively participated, provided
reviews and thoughts.

Thank you,
Alia