Subject: Fwd: [RTG-DIR] FW: NomCom 2018: Call for nominations

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 15:35:19 -0400

[Forwarding to more people. :-)]

On August 16, 2018 at 1:32:07 PM, BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A ([email-masked])
wrote:

Hi,

Here's the NomCom Call for nominations. Please consider if you are
interested (you can self-nominate) and as noted nominations do not require
management (company) permission. I'm enjoying very much my AD position, and
submitted again, but one never knows what will happen in these next 6
months (company or family) or NomCom's priorities. So it's critical that we
have a good list of potential nominees for the Routing Area for NomCom to
consider.

If you want to talk more with me on "being an AD", just send mail-
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of NomCom
Chair 2018
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:05 PM
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: NomCom 2018: Call for nominations

The 2018-19 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations from now
until September 30, 2018. The open positions being considered by this
year's
NomCom can be found at the end of this email and also on this year's NomCom
website:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2018_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=ZM0i8Fy92S4rT5k6Duzok0_9aw5ButyH-NQsf4peQxg&e=

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the
NomCom 2018 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2018_nominate_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=pfKuRZTYhxtFFSrYoxGFVBPnks1XTkLkdd_1nx1PjuA&e=

Note: Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org datatracker
account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if you don't have
one
already by visiting the following URL:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_accounts_create_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=XE7MZKfb3bf-SMllTLf0fil0Rc4pglvGoXs4SHFVYPg&e=

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made by
email to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include the word
"Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being nominated,
their email address (to confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the
position for which you are making the nomination. If you are nominating
someone other than yourself, please tell us if we may tell the nominee that
you were the one who made the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone
via
email for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so.

Self-nomination is welcome!

Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to the
position for which they are nominated. The questionnaires will be available
on August 31, 2018 and have a submission deadline of October 5, 2018.

NomCom 2018-19 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437. As stated in RFC 7437: "The list of
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the current
NomCom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each position will
be
listed in a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with a datatracker
account
may access the lists. Additionally, the nomination form asks if we may
share
your own name with the nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality
requirements of BCP 10 remain in effect. All feedback and all NomCom
deliberations will remain confidential and will not be disclosed.

There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom to
tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This
defaults
to “no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about each
of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom on or
before September 30, 2018.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your
nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management permission,
as
it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in late.

The NomCom appoints individuals to fill the IETF Chair (IESG General AD)
and
the open slots on the IAB and the IESG. The IAOC position is not being
filled
this year, and the call for nominations related to the IETF LLC will be
coming in the next few weeks. The list of people and posts whose terms end
with the March 2019 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which this
NomCom is responsible, follows:

IAB
- Jari Arkko
- Gabriel Montenegro
- Mark Nottingham
- Robert Sparks
- Jeff Tantsura
- Suzanne Woolf

IESG Chair
- Alissa Cooper, GEN (IETF Chair)

IESG
- Ben Campbell, ART
- Terry Manderson, INT *
- Warren Kumari, OPS
- Deborah Brungard, RTG
- Alvaro Retana, RTG
- Eric Rescorla, SEC
- Spencer Dawkins, TSV *

*- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a renomination. This
information is always up to date on
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2018_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=ZM0i8Fy92S4rT5k6Duzok0_9aw5ButyH-NQsf4peQxg&e=

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions,
as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for the IETF, and
also, please consider accepting a nomination. You'll find extensive
information about specific positions, developed by the IAB and IESG under
individual tabs at:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_nomcom_2018_requirements_&d=DwIDaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=dsT9L_LR5sUtgMtfLUtrkahsnbRG3-FxTRUEHxC-i0A&s=lBEDCtIYCBPQfvR_7zwkwrx8Kn3EdQ3CCZSrUb301Y4&e=

In addition to nominations, the NomCom seeks community input on the
positions
themselves. We need and welcome the community's views and input on the jobs
within each organization. If you have ideas on the positions'
responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us know.

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to nomcom-18 at ietf dot
org.

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!

regards,
-scott.

Scott Mansfield
scott dot mansfield at ericsson dot com
nomcom-chair-2018 at ietf dot org