Subject: IETF-112 Side meeting on "Service Routing and Addressing"

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 10:13:38 -0000

Hi Routing-Discussion,

We'll be holding another side meeting at IETF-112 to bring important recent
research and discussion on Internet routing to the IETF.

The topic will be "Service Routing and Addressing"

The meeting will be on Wednesday 10th November 2021 18.30-20.00 UTC and will
last 90 minutes.

We'll hold the meeting on WebEx
https://htf-paris.my.webex.com/htf-paris.my-en/j.php?MTID=m760a9ed9560f76ad3
1a54a64d945ca86

It will be live-streamed on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx2G5QxS9Eo

An ICS file is attached.

The agenda will be...

1. Moderator's Introduction
   Adrian Farrel, Old Dog Consulting
   5 minutes

2. The ties that un-bind: decoupling IP from web services and sockets for
robust addressing agility at CDN-scale
   Vasileios Giotsas, Cloudflare Inc. and Lancaster University
   https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3452296.3472922
   20 minutes

3. RICE: Remote Method Invocation in ICN
   Michal Krol, City University, London
   https://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2018/proceedings/icn18-final9.pdf
   20 minutes

4. Centralization of service provisioning and the impact on routing
   Geoff Huston, Chief Scientist, APNIC
   20 minutes

5. Open Discussion
   20 minutes

All of these details can be found on github
https://github.com/danielkinguk/sarah/tree/main/conferences/ietf-112

We'll post slides and a recording of the meeting as they become available.

See you there.
Adrian