Subject: rps auth todo list

From: Cengiz Alaettinoglu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:48:08 -0800 (PST)

Curtis,

Here is a summary of our December WG discussion on rps-auth. Please
make the appropriate changes to the document, and issue a WG last call 
to move it to proposed standard:

- add syntax of mnt-routes which is:
	list of 1. <mntnr>
		2. <mntnr> KEYW_ANY
		3. <mntnr> { list of address prefix ranges }

   the 1 and 2 are equivalent in semantics. The syntax is negotiable
   but needs to be explicit.

- add mnt-lower: <list of maintainers>. 

- you may consider adding an early section which contains the syntax
  and semantics of mnt-routes, mnt-lower, and mnt-by and states:

	when authorizing a route object look at mnt-routes, if it does 
	not exist, look at mnt-lower, if that does not exist either look at
	mnt-by 

	For all other objects loot at mnt-lower followed by mnt-by.

- delete referral-in (since it can be done by reverse lookup on
  referral-by) 

- I forgot what we agreed on what to do when authorizing a route
  object r and we hit a less specific route object which has a hole
  covering the route object r.

- auth-override is only placable if there is no activity by the
maintainer it is placed on in the last 60 days and it is only
effective after 60 days.

- decide the defualt of reclaim/no-reclaim, and make it explicit in
the document

- add as-set, route-set, rtr-set, filter authorization. These have
names like AS1:as-foo. They authorized by the object whose key is the
same name except the last part (already in rpsl document, same
mnt-lower, mnt-by mechanism when the name is hierarchical).

- delete the repository object and delegated attribute discussions and
move them to the rps-dist document

- move reclaim/no-reclaim/auth-overrride to the end of the document
(they are not first things to implement).

Cengiz

-- 
Cengiz Alaettinoglu           Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/~cengiz    University of Southern California