Subject: [RPSEC] Agenda Items for Atlanta

From: Tony Tauber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:28:32 -0400 (EDT)

Folks,

It's time to get this information together so please send along any
items you wish discussed or presented in Atlanta.

As it stands, we've only got a 1 hour timeslot of 1700-1800 on Tuesday
so we need to know ASAP if more is needed.

Even if you've spoken to Russ in the past, could you respond to this
call with your plans or desires and copying the both of us.

Thanks,

Tony

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec

---

From: "Senthilkumar Ayyasamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:33:06 -0500

Though the discussion is totally out of scope for this group, let me give my 
opinion :-)

>On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Russ White wrote:
>
> > None that I know of, although there has been talk for a long time
> > about a bgp replacement.
>
>Any pointers?
>
>I must say I haven't heard about this before.

  I presume, Russ might be thinking about IRTF-RR initiatives.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-reqs-groupa-00.txt

They have a section on "security requirements for routing" too.

The drafts has a long laundary list, which the Next generation routing 
architecture should do. They propose next generation architecture as the 
panacea for all the problems in the Internet. I dont know how much sucess 
they will have, but iab is already concerned about overloading of BGP with 
too many features.

But, geoff's IAB document on Inter-domain routing
(ftp://ftp.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3221.txt) has some reasonable requirements for 
Inter-domain routing. Section 7.5 discusses whether we need to extend or 
replace BGP. My thought is: We can leave the BGP as such and  can have some 
overlay based solutions for separating policy/traffic engineering components 
of BGP.

- Senthil.

_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963