Subject: [RPSEC] Charter Update....

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:07:09 -0500

Below is the latest I have....

Thoughts welcome. We'll probably sumbit this to the IESG in about a 
week's time unless there's a large discussion and more changes.

Thanks!

:-)

Russ

- -- 
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

- --

The lack of a common set of security requirements and methods for
routing protocols has resulted in a wide variety of security
mechanisms for individual routing protocols. Ongoing work on
requirements for the next generation routing system and future work on
the actual mechanisms for it will require well documented routing
security requirements.

The products of this working group will be used by routing protocol
designers to ensure adequate coverage of security in the future,
including well known and possible threats.

The scope of work is limited to router-to-router protocols for unicast
and multicast systems, and does NOT include host-to-router protocol
such as IGMP, ICMP, ARP, or ND. It is also a non-goal at this point to
produce new or change the current security mechanisms in the existing
routing protocols.

The RPSEC working group is charged with the following tasks:

- - Document threat models for routing systems

- - Document security requirements for routing systems

- - Document security analysis and requirements for specific routing
   protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP)

- - Provide a common area for discussion between security and routing
   experts on the topic of securing the routing system

Goals and Milestones:

July 06 Submit BGP Attack-Tree analysis for publication as
Informational RFC.

July 06 Submit OSPF vulnerability analysis for publication as
Informational RFC.

July 06 Submit BGP security requirements for publication as
Informational RFC.

July 06 Initial draft of requirements for point-to-point security of
BGP peering sessions.

December 06 Submit initial document discussing security requirements in 
an OSPFv3 mobile ad hoc environment

December 06 Evaluate progress, recharter with new goals or shutdown.

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec