Subject: [RPSEC] draft-bonica-tcp-auth-04

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:27:50 -0500

Folks,

Please review the draft at the following URL:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonica-tcp-auth-04.txt

An abstract follows:

   "This memo describes a TCP extension that enhances security for BGP,
   LDP and other TCP-based protocols.  It is intended for applications
   where secure administrative access to both the end-points of the TCP
   connection is normally available.  TCP peers can use this extension
   to authenticate messages passed between one another.

   The strategy described herein improves upon current practice, which
   is described in RFC 2385.  Using this new strategy, TCP peers can
   update authentication keys during the lifetime of a TCP connection.
   TCP peers can also use stronger authentication algorithms to
   authenticate routing messages."

                                   Ron

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec