Subject: [RPSEC] Evaluation for BGP security mechanisms

From: "Hani Salah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:08:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm doing a research related to BGP security. I've read the Internet
Drafts that issued by the RPSEC WG; they helped me a lot to understand the
main BGP security requirements.

In fact, my research is partially related to the future work proposed on the
RPSEC WG's website: "Evaluating and documenting existing and proposed
routing security mechanisms with respect to established RPSEC requirements".

I'm still at the beginning of my research and I don't know exactly what's
the procedure(s) that could (should) be used in the EVALUATION process.
My plan is to start studying, analyzing, and then evaluating psBGP.
However,I think the same evaluation procedure could be used with other BGP
security mechanisms (e.g. S-BGP and soBGP).

Can you please help me in this issue? What's the procedure(s) could be
used in the evaluation? I'll be thankful for your comments and ideas.

If any member is interested, I'll be happy to update him/her about the
prgress of my work.

Regards,
Hani Salah

MSc Internetworking
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
Sweden

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec