Subject: [rrg] Consensus call: Reject proposed strategy F?

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:07:01 -0500

I agree with Joel's comments here:
	<http://www.irtf.org/pipermail/rrg/2008-December/000571.html>

I emphatically agree with Joel's initial comment above that
this particular activity seems very unlikely to inform the
Routing RG of anything much, for the reasons Joel outlined.

I agree with Steve Blake that a NAT-oriented approach,
which I gather is category "H", ought to get serious consideration.

I also agree with both Ross Callon and Tony Li that a hard
upper bound on BGP scaling is not known to exist as of now.
Concern about BGP is a bit different and does seem reasonable
to me at this point.

Yours,

Ran
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg