Subject: [rrg] Request to publish IRTF doc draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:39:21 -0500

RFC Editor-

Please publish draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt [1] as an Historical
IRTF RFC. The document has been approved for publication by the IRSG
and also reviewed for IETF conflict by the IESG. See below for details
on the IESG and prior reviews. Please copy all correspondence to the
document shepherd, Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>.

--aaron

[1]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt

---

Aaron Falk

Chair

Internet Research Task Force

(617) 500-5960

http://www.irtf.org

Begin forwarded message:

> Aaron,

> this is a request to publish the following document as a
historical RFC:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt

> This document has gone through RRG review and IRSG review.

> Please see the issue tracker under ticket #12:

> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/ticket/12

> Summary of review:

> - This document was a report on RRG activities around 2001-2002.

> It went through RRG reviews around that time.

> - The last round of RRG review was conducted in early 2007, and

> received no comments for changes.

> - The final revision was reviewed by the IRSG members David McGrew

> and Kevin Fall, both voted YES on the IRSG Poll for this revision.

> No objection was received during the IRSG Poll.

> I have updated the status to: IRSG review concluded.

> Let me know if I need to do anything else.

> thanks,

> Lixia Zhang

> Document Shepherd

also

> This document reports the analysis of the state of the Internet

> domain-based routing system, concentrating on Inter-Domain Routing

> (IDR) and also considering the relationship between inter-domain
and

> intra-domain routing. This analysis was carried out around year
2001

> by looking at the routing system as appeared in 2001, with
editorial

> additions reflecting developments up to 2006.

> Since this document summarizes discussions held several years ago
by

> members of the IRTF Routing Research Group (IRTF RRG) and other

> interested parties, it is published with the support of the IRTF
RRG

> as a historical RFC to serve as a record of the work completed
around

> 2001, and with the understanding that it does not necessarily

> represent either the latest technical understanding or the
technical

> consensus of the research group at the date of publication.

> Lixia Zhang Document Shepherd

finally

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Analysis of
Inter-Domain Routing Requirements and History'
<draft-irtf-routing-history-10.txt> as a Historic.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=8375&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log.

The IESG contact person is Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-history-10.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

This document analyses the state of the Internet domain-based routing
system, concentrating on Inter-Domain Routing (IDR) and also
considering the relationship between inter-domain and intra-domain
routing. The analysis is carried out with respect to RFC 1126 and
other IDR requirements and design efforts looking at the routing
system as it appeared to be in 2001 with editorial additions
reflecting developments up to 2006. It is the companion document to
"A Set of Possible Requirements for a Future Routing Architecture"
[I-D.irtf-routing-reqs], which is a discussion of requirements for
the future routing architecture, addressing systems developments and
future routing protocols. This document summarizes discussions held
several years ago by members of the IRTF Routing Research Group (IRTF
RRG) and other interested parties. The document is published with
the support of the IRTF RRG as a record of the work completed at that
time, but with the understanding that it does not necessarily
represent either the latest technical understanding or the technical
concensus of the research group at the date of publication.

Working Group Summary

This is an IRTF output, and is being considered by the IESG only
to consider whether there is any overlap or conflict with IETF work.

Document Quality

This is an informational document which is not subject to
implementation. It has been carefully reviewed in the IRTF.

Personnel

Ross Callon has agreed to shepherd this through IESG review.

RFC Editor Note

This work does not conflict with IETF work, and we recommend that
the RFC editor publish this document.

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:54:09 -0500

Correct URL:
http://tools.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt

Aaron Falk wrote:
> [1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-history-09.txt
>
> ---
> Aaron Falk
> Chair
> > this is a request to publish the following document as a historical RFC:
> > (IDR) and also considering the relationship between inter-domain and
> > intra-domain routing. This analysis was carried out around year 2001
> > by looking at the routing system as appeared in 2001, with editorial
> > Since this document summarizes discussions held several years ago by
> > interested parties, it is published with the support of the IRTF RRG
> > as a historical RFC to serve as a record of the work completed around
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> IRSG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/irsg
>