Subject: [rrg] draft-zhang-evolution-00

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 12:23:48 +1100

There's a new I-D I haven't read yet:

  Evolution Towards Global Routing Scalability
  Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-evolution-00

Abstract

   Internet routing scalability has long been considered a serious
   problem.  Over the years many efforts have been devoted to address
   this problem, however the IETF community as a whole is yet to
   achieve a shared understanding on what is the best way forward.
   We step up a level to re-examine the problem and the ongoing
   efforts, and conclude, to effectively solve the routing
   scalability problem, we first need a clear understanding on how to
   introduce solutions to the Internet, which is a global scale
   deployed system.  In this draft we sketch out our reasoning on the
   need for an evolutionary path towards scaling the global routing
   system, instead of attempting a new design.

   - Robin

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 20:22:33 -0800

>  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-evolution-00

this really got rushed out at last min.  The plan is to do another  
pass this weekend to fix a few details. So whoever have not read yet:  
maybe wait till Monday

> _______________________________________________
> rrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:29:13 -0700

On Mar 5, 2009, at 8:22 PM, Lixia Zhang wrote:

> pass this weekend to fix a few details. So whoever have not read  
> yet: maybe wait till Monday

Beichuan and I cut a further polished up version of the draft:

    http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~lixia/draft-zhang-evolution-01.txt

it'll be submitted today.
We would like to present this at SF meeting for discussion

Comments are most appreciated!