Subject: [rrg] question about the Identifier/Locator separation

From: "张国强" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:09:24 +0800

I'm a newcommer to this working group. 
To my understanding, the new architecture contains identifiers, locator/routing,
mapping systems. So when a user moves, his identifier will not change, but he will
get a new locator, and he has to publish the new locator in the mapping system, or
there is some automotic mechanisms to do that. 

My problem is that in traditional routing systems, the IPv4 address serves both
the identifier and locator, and the routing table growth and routing dynamics
happens to the routing system. When identifier and locator separates, the routing
system will have much less pressure, but what about the mapping system. It seems
that the pressure has been transfered from the routing system to the mapping
system. Can the mapping system handle the large number of mappings and dynamics?

---

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:28:48 -0700

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "张国强" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 2:09 PM
Subject: [rrg] question about the Identifier/Locator separation

> system. Can the mapping system handle the large number of mappings and 

I think, the major benifits of ID/Location mapping are not only for routing 
scaliablity.
Please see the slides in RRG meeting today.

thanks,
Jun Bi

>
>
> _______________________________________________
> rrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg
>
>