Subject: [rrg] Call for Submissions: ICNP 2009 PhD Forum

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:46:12 +0200

Our apologies for cross-posting...
----
Dear colleagues,

Please kindly note that the ICNP'09 call for submissions to PhD forum as 
well as posters and demos are all due on August 7, 2009.

Best regards,
Xiaoming Fu (ICNP'09 Publicity Chair)

IEEE ICNP 2009 PhD Forum
========================
http://edas.info/W.php?page=113

The ICNP'09 PhD Forum provides an environment for doctoral students to 
present and discuss their dissertation research both with their peers 
and experienced researchers from academia and industry. In addition to 
providing feedback and advice, this forum shall provide an opportunity 
for students to network as well as to practice presenting their research 
clearly and concisely.

This forum is best suited to senior Ph.D. students who have developed a 
mature research dissertation topic and framework and are far enough into 
their PhD to have a concrete presentation outlining the key challenges 
they plan to solve as well as the strategies and methods that are 
applicable.

This forum is broadly for students graduating in the next several months 
to about a year. Certainly feedback will help them fine-tune their 
thesis. Graduate students also get a chance to get feedback that they 
can use to write their papers, and address additional items in their 
research.

Format
======
Each participant will have 15 minutes allotted for a presentation. We 
will limit the number of participants to no more than 5 presenters.

Submission
==========
    1. A summary of the student's dissertation research (up to 3 pages) 
including a brief discussion of motivation, challenges, related work and 
initial results. Applicants should clearly identify their contributions 
to the field of networking protocols design and analysis.
    2. A short biographical sketch (1 page max) describing the 
applicants affiliations and research activities. This should include the 
date that the student expects to complete his/her dissertation.

Please use the IEEE conference proceedings style (2-column) when 
preparing your abstract. If accepted, a student may be asked to provide 
explanations or clarification by the camera-ready deadline.

Important dates
===============
Submission deadline             August 7, 2009, (Fri 23:59 PDT)
Notification of decisions     August 28, 2009
Final version of abstracts     September 4, 2009

Where to submit?
================
By email to: [email-masked]
Use Subject Line: ICNP 2009 PhD forum submission

Registration
============
Students may register for the conference at the student rate for 
participation in PhD forum (if they are not presenting a full paper in 
the conference which requires a full registration).