Subject: Re: [rrg] Locators

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 04:29:52 EDT

In einer eMail vom 16.08.2009 00:00:34 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

> From: Toni Stoev <[email-masked]>

> You are the same person using the same network services on your  same
> computer through your same router, but you  experience service slowdown
> or even need to reinitiate  some of the com munications. Why?

Umm, because the current architecture  is brain-damaged? 

(Sorry, couldn't resist! :-)

Noel

Some time ago , when IP over everything, incl. over ISDN was the  parole, 
Max Riegel came up with a pretty stupid idea: ISDN over IP. A few  years 
later pwe3 was born.
 
I wouldn't add how about MAC over IP, but how about packet relaying  based 
on a 6 Byte address towards some kind of relay-egress point (similar to  
ETR) from whereon the IPv4 address ist used to make the remaining few  hops?
 
Sorry, coudn't resist either. But I am not kidding.
 
Heiner