Subject: Re: [rrg] IPv4 & IPv6 routing scaling problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:38:53 EST

In einer eMail vom 14.02.2010 21:25:40 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

> a  T1600 has 8 slots of 4 PIC's each, you can get 1x10G for each PIC.
> a  CRS1 (full-height) chassis has 16 slots, 4x10G on each I  believe?
>
> you can get this sort of info, as an approximation of  connectedness of
> a node from every vendor's website.

oops,  keeping in mind that's physical interfaces, with some MPLS
schemes the  'dfz' router could be connected to each DFZ router in the
same ASN over a  logical link (LSP), so... a single DFZ router could
have (in the case of a  moderate network, with US only coverage)
something like 80+ neighbors over  these logical paths.

-chris

Thanks Chris,
 
80+ neighbors, that's a whopper
 
Wouldn't you favor a solution where you can exploit that densitiy rather  
than  be frightened by it ?
 
Heiner

 
Heiner

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 02:12:04 -0500

> than  be frightened by it ?

I'm not really frightened by it though. (I was just quoting some
possible numbers, I imagine if you had a fully mesh of LSP's in your
global network you'd have many more than 80 per device, and you'd have
software to manage that mesh.)

-Chris