Subject: [rrg] CFP: Computer Networks Journal Special Issue: Architectures and Protocols for the Future Internet

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:04:42 +0100

Call for Papers

Computer Networks Journal – Special Issue
Architectures and Protocols for the Future Internet

The Internet architecture has been remarkably successful in allowing a
planet-scale internetwork to form. However, the architecture has been
losing its original simplicity and transparency as new classes of
applications, business models, security mechanisms, scalability enablers
and operational and management requirements have given rise to point
solutions that extend the architecture without regard to its original
design principles.

Consequently, the research community has been actively looking for new
approaches to evolve or supersede the Internet architecture. Substantial
academic efforts in Europe, the Americas and Asia, as well as within the
vendor and network operator communities have resulted in promising
proposals to address the limitations of the current Internet
architecture.

This special issue of the Computer Networks Journal solicits original,
high-quality papers that present, analyze and discuss revolutionary
"clean slate" or evolutionary "dirty slate" Internet architectures,
"future-proofing" improvements to current Internet protocols, especially
at the internetworking, routing, transport and application layers, or
new internetworking components that integrate into the existing
architecture. Related topics, such as measurement studies or
mathematical models that analyze and quantify Internet scalability
issues, studies into architectural design principles that enable
evolution, interworking technologies with the existing Internet, and
others are also within the scope of the special issue.

About the Computer Networks Journal

Computer Networks is a scientific journal of computer and
telecommunications networking published by Elsevier. Computer Networks
is an international, archival journal providing a publication vehicle
for complete coverage of all topics of interest to those involved in the
computer communications networking area. The audience includes
researchers, managers and operators of networks as well as designers and
implementors.

Submission Format

Submissions should be clearly organized, written in excellent English
and must describe original, complete research not published or currently
under review by other journals or conferences. Substantially enhanced
and extended versions of quality papers presented at conferences or
workshops may be submitted with the differences to the previous version
clearly described.

All submissions will be peer reviewed. The guest editors reserve the
right to reject submissions that are clearly out of scope or well below
the expected quality for this special journal issue without further
review.

Submission Guidelines

Authors must prepare and format their submissions according to the
"Guide for Authors" available from http://ees.elsevier.com/comnet/ and
submit them online at the same URL, choosing "SI-Future Internet" as the
article type.

Submissions must be in single-column format, double-spaced, use a font
size of at least 11 points, and should not exceed 25 pages including all
figures and references.

Guest Editors

       Lars Eggert
       Nokia Research Center & Aalto University
       [email-masked] 

       Tilman Wolf
       University of Massachusetts
       [email-masked]

Editors in Chief

       Ian F. Akyildiz
       [email-masked]

       Harry Rudin
       [email-masked]

Important Dates

Paper submission:               2010-4-30
Acceptance notification:        2010-7-16
Final papers:                   2010-8-27
Publication:                    early 2011