Subject: [rrg] RRG meeting: audio & PDF of slides

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:19:56 +1100

There are not yet any audio archives of the RRG meeting in Anaheim,
on 26 March.  They will be at: http://www.ietf.org/audio/ietf77/ .
Here is a 34MB 64kbps MP3 file of the 1hr 13min meeting:

   http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/RRG-2010/RRG-2010-03-26.mp3

Lixia and Tony presented slides:

   http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/slides/RRG-0.pptx

but these are in Microsoft's XML-based format which older PowerPoint
programs can't read without an update.  A 12 page PDF version is:

   http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/RRG-2010/RRG-2010-03-26.pdf

Slides 30 and 31 are:

     Rationale
        * We must have a solution (for IPv6)
        * All of the 'permanent' solutions require major changes
          before benefit
        * Major changes take time
        * Major changes -> make best possible change
        * Tactical and strategic changes not incompatible

     Recommendation
        * AIS
        * ILNP
        * Renumbering support

Slide 32 is blank, as in the original.  For corrections to the slide
19 description of Ivip and objections to how GLI-split and Name Based
Sockets are classified:

   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rrg/current/msg06373.html

The minimal Jabber log is here:

   http://www.ietf.org/jabber/logs/rrg/2010-03-26.txt

While there were questions and some comments from the floor, only the
co-chairs made a presentation.

   - Robin