Subject: Re: [rrg] RRG mission

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:14:33 -0400

Earlier, Dae Young KIM wrote: 
>> Question: Is LINP based on the ideas you describe? Hope so. Otherwise...

Then, Toni Stoev responded:
> Honestly, I don't know.

Folks,

   It isn't hard to learn about ILNP or the ideas behind it.
One need not guess as there are plenty of documents available.

There are several Internet-Drafts (draft-rja-ilnp-*) online,
and as I've noted before there is a broader ILNP document 
archive online.  I happen to think the published research
papers are more readable than the Internet-Drafts, but other
folks might have different views.

ILNP Document Archives:
	http://ilnp.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk

Some ILNP documents go back ~6 years now, and the closely
related ideas from others (e.g. Mike O'Dell) go back to the
middle 1990s.  (We've been careful to give credit to others
for ideas that we can trace back to others.)  Certainly it
is the case that ILNP began in its current form long before
the re-chartering of the Routing RG to its current charter.

Cheers,

Ran

---

From: Dae Young KIM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 07:27:32 +0900

Dear Ran,

Apology for my lazy asking. I just wanted a quick answer whether ILNP
now in the focus is anywhere near to Toni and/or my idea.

I once read it, but have to recall. I'll have a closer look your
documents, of course. Hope I like it.

Regards,
DY

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 12:14 AM, RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg
>