Subject: [rrg] An economic analysis of loc/ID Split

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:52:51 +0100

Hi All,

Tapio Leva and myself   worked on some economic aspects of Loc/ID Split. 
The analysis is pretty simple but has some merits. Attached is the paper. 

Hope that this work is of some interest for the list. Comments are very welcome.

Ciao

Luigi

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:15:08 +0100

This is PRECISELY the sort of analysis that needs to be done when 
considering these sort of systems, and this is the sort of work that the 
RRG and the IRTF should foster.  I've sent Luigi a private note with a 
question, but let me ask this question publicly:

Has Luigi captured all the costs of the system?  If not, perhaps there 
are papers yet to be written on that subject.

Eliot

On 3/12/10 11:52 AM, Luigi Iannone wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:20:12 +0100

Hi,

On Mar 12, 2010, at 12:15 , Eliot Lear wrote:

> 
> 
> This is PRECISELY the sort of analysis that needs to be done when considering these sort of systems, and this is the sort of work that the RRG and the IRTF should foster.  I've sent Luigi a private note with a question, but let me ask this question publicly:
> 
> Has Luigi captured all the costs of the system?

Answer is no. There are several simplification there.

>   If not, perhaps there are papers yet to be written on that subject.
> 

We work on having a complete analysis that tries also to give a monetary evaluation on the costs, including the cost to switch to loc/id split. 

Luigi