Subject: [rrg] CFP VISA'10 (ACM SIGCOMM Workshop): 2 weeks until deadline!

From: "Cedric J A. Westphal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:21:58 -0800

CALL FOR PAPERS: VISA'10

                        Paper Submission Deadline March 25, 2010. 

            2nd Workshop on Virtualized Infrastructure Systems and
Architectures

            In Conjunction with ACM SIGCOMM'10, New Delhi, Aug 30th-Sept
3rd 2010

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2010/workshops/VISA

Infrastructure virtualization has emerged as an important architecture
and experimentation concept for the Internet infrastructure. The global
computing and communication infrastructure will encompass (as it does
today) a diverse and huge collection of networking, computing and
storage resources. Together they need to form a coherent infrastructure
and meet our society's requirements for the 21st century. 

There are many technical problems to solve to enable Infrastructure
virtualization: how to discover, create and manage an infrastructure
slice across diverse resources; how does virtualization extend into the
data center or to the wireless edge; how to implement virtualization
across heterogeneous resources and protocols; how to map an application
or service to run on an infrastructure slice; what applications and
capabilities are enabled by infrastructure virtualization; how does
infrastructure virtualization impact the business models of network
operators; and others.

The goal of the workshop is to feature recent research and developments
related to infrastructure virtualization; to allow exchange of ideas;
and to help build a research and user community to explore and help
realize the potential of infrastructure virtualization. We encourage the
submission of position papers and of works which encompass the whole
infrastructure virtualization (network and storage and computing
resources). We solicit previously unpublished work on the following, non
exhaustive, list of topics:

                                    TOPICS OF INTEREST

            -           Infrastructure virtualization architecture;

            -           Resource allocation to virtual slices;  

            -           Impact of infrastructure virtualization on the
data center;

            -           Management tools for infrastructure
virtualization;

            -           How can infrastructure virtualization enable or
support cloud computing; 

            -           Isolation and slice independence in a
virtualized infrastructure;

            -           Integration of the wireless edge into a
virtualized network;

            -           Inter-operability and federation of virtualized
infrastructures;

            -           Cross-layer protocols for virtualized networks;

            -           Applications and services enabled by virtualized
infrastructure; and 

            -           Security issues with virtualized infrastructure.

                        IMPORTANT DEADLINES

Paper submission deadline:                    March 25th, 2010

Acceptance notification:                         April 12th, 2010

Camera ready final submission:               May 1st, 2010

Workshop:                                            Monday August 30,
or Friday September 3, 2010