Subject: [rrg] Operational Routing Reality - Full /32 or just /30 on Legacy Core ?

From: "IPv3.com" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 08:00:11 -0500

Operational Routing Reality - Full /32 or just /30 on Legacy Core ?

The FREE 64-bit addressing using 12+18+6+24+4 can be coded using
6-bit symbols such as: LL.LLL.L.LLLL.X

The 12+18=30 are routed on legacy equipment. The Destination is
Flipped and 6+24=30 is routed.
This assumes /30 routing is where the legacy core reaches steady
state. Any /32 features will not
likely be tapped. That is because the +4 bits are carried un-flipped
in the right-most bits.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_background_images/95178872/IPv4.png
via http://Twitter.com/IPv3

Opinion: Anything using "Options" is a non-starter.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg11681.html
also welding UDP on gets one into the "Pseudo Header" mess.

MPLS with a one-word (32 bits) Shim outside of the IP Header continues
to gain favor.

===================================
00 - UNIX
01 - ISOC, IETF, IRTF, IANA, ICANN, NANOG, RIRs...
10 - IEEE, ATSC, FCC, NTIA, NIST, LEOs...
11 - UN, ITU, ETSI...
===================================