Subject: [rrg] CSET '10 Call for Papers

From: Angelos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 23:07:58 -0400

*** Apologies for cross posting ***

On behalf of the 3rd Workshop on Cyber Security Experimentation and
Test (CSET '10) program committee, we'd like to invite you to submit
papers on the science, design, architecture, construction,
operation, and use of cyber security experiments in network testbeds
and infrastructures. Please submit all papers by May 24, 2010, 11:59
p.m. PDT.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

* Science of security/testbed experimentation
- Data and tools to achieve realistic experiment setup/scenarios
- Diagnosis of and methodologies for dealing with experimental artifacts
- Support for experimentation on a large scale (virtualization,
federation, high fidelity scale-down)
- Tools and methodologies to achieve, and metrics to measure,
correctness, repeatability, and sharing of experiments

* Testbeds and methodologies
- Tools, methodologies, and infrastructure that support risky
experimentation
- Support for experimentation in emerging security topics
(cyber-physical systems, wireless, botnets, etc.)
- Novel experimentation approaches (e.g., coupling of emulation and
simulation)
- Experience in designing or deploying secure testbeds
- Instrumentation and automation of experiments; their archiving,
preservation, and visualization
- Fair sharing of testbed resources

* Hands-on security education
- Experiences teaching security classes that use hands-on security
experiments for homework, in-class demonstrations, or class projects
- Experiences from red team/blue team exercises

Submissions are due Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:59 p.m. PDT.

For more details on the submission process, please see the complete
Call for Papers at:
http://www.usenix.org/cset10/cfpa/

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Terry V. Benzel, USC Information Sciences Institute (ISI)
CSET '10 General Chair

Jelena Mirkovic, USC Information Sciences Institute (ISI)
Angelos Stavrou, George Mason University
CSET '10 Program Co-Chairs
[email-masked]