Subject: Re: [rrg] Routing through

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 05:04:57 EDT

In einer eMail vom 29.05.2010 16:50:38 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

На  Saturday 29 May 2010 в 14:03:49 [email-masked] изпрати:
> Let me  get to the real point. My concept is the same as of Google-map. 
Each  
>  router shall acqire a view of the internet nodes and   internet  links 
> according to different zooms. These differently  skimmed  topologies 
shall be 
> combined to a single flat topology,  whereby each router sees  itself 
(and all 
> the other routers of  the same geopatch) as if this were the  
center-geopatch 
> of the  world. Surrounded by larger and larger geopatches and  their 
>  respectively skimmed topologies. In spite of equal degree skimming,  
links  to far 
> remote neighbor nodes must be contained. To  disseminate all the required 
 
> information takes a relatively  minor enhancement of the BGP UPDATE 
message.  
> Introducing policy  routing is of course another and important step. But 
it must 
>  be  the SECOND step. Links and nodes may be assigned values&attributes   
for 
> computing alternative routes. People are welcome to  contribute.  
Computing 
> Non-best-effort intra-domain routes is  well-known for more than  a 
decade, 
> why shouldn't it be possible  to develop inter-domain  QoS/Policy routes 
?!
>  
>  Without collecting any single path while enabling twice as many path as 
are  
>  by DV! Without doing any single IP-prefix! 
> Even  better-than-of-today-Policy routing would be enabled (e.g. time of 
day  
>  routing)
> etc.etc.
>  Heiner

So there are nodes, links, geopatches (?) with topologies. Also  distinct 
inter-domain and intra-domain routes?
There is the possibility to compute routes based on the visible  
well-skimmed topology, but there is no route collection process. The computed  routes 
would contain strict and loose (intra-and inter-domain) links with the  
first link being a strict one.

Are  there any names/IDs?

TARA-Locator = {  square-degree# (Range 1 to 64800)            
square-minute #(Range 1 to 3600 )               Longitude-second (Range 1 to 60 )        
       
   Latitude -second (Range 1 to 60 )}.It shall be unique wrt each 
TARA-router. 5 Octets for let's say 10 000 DFZ routers. If there were still 
clashes,somenegotiation protocol would help.Obviously there is no need for any 
assignment authority either.

Can you give a URL,  please?
I have no problems with submitting to the IRTF, but I do not want to offer  
it like sour beer.
I am afraid all other more mainstream solutions have preference.
Heiner

Toni
_______________________________________________
rrg  mailing  list
[email-masked]
http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: Toni Stoev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 15:20:36 +0300

> I am afraid all other more mainstream solutions have preference.

Well, what is the way to get acquainted with TARA?

I would like to get basic understanding of it.