Subject: Re: [rrg] The Proper Granularity

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 09:56:27 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Toni Stoev <[email-masked]>

    >> I do not quite understand the definition of "routing point":

    > Node in a graph.

May I suggest (if I understand your meaning correctly) 'packet forwarding
point', or something similar? 'Routing point' suffers the ambiguity I
just referred to in the previous message.

(Note that 'path selection point' doesn't work, since there are routing
architectures which are not 'hop-by-hop', i.e. not every 'packet fowarding
point' gets to make an independent decision on the next hop for each packet;
e.g. ATM and MPLS.)

	Noel

---

From: Toni Stoev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:24:44 +0300

> just referred to in the previous message.

OK, "packet forwarding point" – intra-domainly.

> point' gets to make an independent decision on the next hop for each packet;

But I also mean the inter-domain forwarding points, the domains.

> 	Noel

Toni