Subject: [rrg] Comment to draft-rja-ilnp-intro-06.txt

From: "Flinck, Hannu (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:27:58 +0300

Hello Ran!

I know that ILNP was already in the last call, but I would like to
mention one thing that I find a bit misleading in intro-06:

"ILNP is prospectively better than either form of Mobile IP with respect
to key management, given that ILNP is using Secure Dynamic DNS Update
and given that neither form of Mobile IP has a standardised and scalable
key management mechanism at present."

Mobile IPv6 has standardised key management, namely:

* RFC 4877 Mobile IPv6 Operation with IKEv2 and the Revised IPsec
Architecture

* RFC 5026 Mobile IPv6 Bootstrapping in Split Scenario

And even the basic MIPv6 RFC 3775 has a working solution defined in it.

It is true that there are plans and proposals to update the bootstrap
part to use TLS. This is because the lessons learnt from DSMIP. So I
think that to be sufficiently accurate you may change MIP to DSMIP, or
just drop the sentence in the new revisions of the draft.

Best regards
Hannu