Subject: [rrg] Complete RAM and RRG mailing-list archives for searching

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:13:11 +1000

While the RAM list and RRG lists are fully archived:

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ram/current/maillist.html
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rrg/current/maillist.html

these archives are not searchable.

For people who want to be able to search the archives, I have made
copies of my mailboxes available at:

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/RRG-2010/

These are not accessible to search engines - they are for people to
download so they can search them locally.

One set of files is the complete RAM archives from 2006-11-17 to
2008-07-10.

The other is the RRG list from 2007-03-31 (when I joined) to the
present.  Apart from a few dozen messages in March 2007 - and not
counting the LISP WG mailing list - I think these two sets cover the
public mailing lists where scalable routing was discussed since the
2006 RAWS workshop.

They are available as mbox format (a single file, with all messages)
and as a Maildir (directory with each message as a single file).

One or the other format is suitable for loading into a mailserver or
an email client.  The Maildir is from my Postfix and Courier IMAPD
mailserver and the mbox format is from the local mailbox files of
Mozilla Thunderbird on WinXP.

The mbox files can be searched with a text editor, but the best way of
searching would be to load them into a client or an IMAP server and
then use the client to search the body, the subject line, etc.

  - Robin