Subject: [rrg] FW: I-D Action:draft-templin-iron-13.txt

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:47:43 -0700

Hi John,

I created a -13 version based on your comments and posted
it to the I-D repository (see below). Please see attached
for the diffs from the -12 version.

The diffs are a bit unweildy primarily due to the change
of nomenclature from IR[CE]->"Client", IR[VE]->"Server"
and IR[VC]->"Relay". I also rearranged the terminology
section into alphabetic order and added a new figure
per your recommendations, then deleted the unnecessary
figure showing what the -12 version called "IR[VP]".
I also added new security considerations text as well
as some clarifying text based on our list discussion.

Please let me know if this addresses your comments and
suggestions.

Thanks - Fred
[email-masked] 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 4:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-templin-iron-13.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON)
	Author(s)       : F. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-iron-13.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2010-10-08

Since the Internet must continue to support escalating growth due to
increasing demand, it is clear that current routing architectures and
operational practices must be updated.  This document proposes an
Internet Routing Overlay Network (IRON) that supports sustainable
growth through Provider Independent addressing while requiring no
changes to end systems and no changes to the existing routing system.
IRON further addresses other important issues including routing
scaling, mobility management, multihoming, traffic engineering and
NAT traversal.  While business considerations are an important
determining factor for widespread adoption, they are out of scope for
this document.  This document is a product of the IRTF Routing
Research Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-iron-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9ZnRwOi8vZnRwLmlldGYub3JnL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0
cy9kcmFmdC10ZW1wbGluLWlyb24tMTMudHh0DQo=

---

From: "Buford, John F (John)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:14:31 -0600

Fred, Tony, Aaron,

I have reviewed the -13 version of the IRON ID.
The changes sufficiently address my earlier comments.

John
-----Original Message-----
From: Templin, Fred L [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 7:48 PM
To: Buford, John F (John); John Buford
Cc: Tony Li; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: FW: I-D Action:draft-templin-iron-13.txt 

Hi John,

Thanks - Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 4:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-templin-iron-13.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.