Subject: [rrg] RFC 6745 on ICMP Locator Update Message for the Identifier-Locator Network Protocol for IPv4 (ILNPv4)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 16:43:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6745

        Title:      ICMP Locator Update Message for 
                    the Identifier-Locator Network Protocol for IPv4 
                    (ILNPv4) 
        Author:     RJ Atkinson, SN Bhatti
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25137
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-rrg-ilnp-icmpv4-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6745.txt

This note defines an experimental ICMP message type for IPv4 used with
the Identifier-Locator Network Protocol (ILNP).  ILNP is an
experimental, evolutionary enhancement to IP.  The ICMP message
defined herein is used to dynamically update Identifier/Locator
bindings for an existing ILNP session.  This is a product of the IRTF
Routing Research Group.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Routing Research Group of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC