Subject: [Rserpool] Rserpool summary minutes from IETF #63

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:25:32 -0500

Rserpool summary minutes from IETF #63
Co-chairs
Lyndon Ong, [email-masked] 
Maureen Stillman, [email-masked]

Approximately 25 people attended the meeting.

The ongoing investigation of the design team was described in the slides
which are attached.  These will also be published in the proceedings.
The load balancing design team work is disbanded effective immediately,
however, its work will continue on the list.  In other words, we will
continue to work on load balancing, but the work will be done on the
list rather than as a design team.  We will no longer meet as a design
team.  An internet draft will be produced that reflects the
investigation of the design team thus far and sent to the mailing list.

Two candidate load balancing protocols, SASP and DFP were mentioned
briefly.  Curt Kersey will submit a draft on Dynamic Feedback Protocol
(DFP) to the internet-draft publisher immediately following IETF #63.
Both SASP and DFP will be evaluated with respect to integrating them
into Rserpool.  This evaluation and continued effort on load balancing
investigation will continue on the list.

Rserpool implementations were discussed from the University of Essen and
Motorola.  Rserpool protocol specification changes and clarifications as
a result of these implementations continue to be active on the list.  

draft-silverton-rserpool-api-01.txt  
The WG reached consensus on making the API draft a WG item.

We discussed the MIB draft, draft-ietf-rserpool-mib-01.  It has been
updated to support IPv6 addresses and to support policy information.  It
has expired and a new version will be published.

We discussed the status of the TCP mapping draft and the Rserpool
services draft.  They have both expired.  Peter Lei will take over
editorship of both documents and resubmit them to the secretariat.

The protocols documents, ASAP and ENRP are still stable.

Comments?

-- Maureen

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool