Subject: [Rserpool] Comments on ASAP

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:25:56 -0500

Each transport protocol to be used by Pool
   Elements (PE) and Pool Users (PU) MUST have an accompanying
   transports mapping document.

This statement is unclear.  I think it should say each transport
protocol other than SCTP MUST have an accompanying transport mapping
document.

exists) under that pool and attempt to deliver the message to that
exists) in that pool and attempt to deliver the message to that

1.2.  Organization of this document

   Section 2 details ASAP message formats.  In Section 3 we give the
   detailed ASAP procedures for the ASAP implementer.  And in Section 4
   we give the details of the ASAP interface, focusing on the
   communication primitives between the applications above ASAP and ASAP
   itself, and the communications primitives between ASAP and SCTP (or
other transport layer).  Also included in this discussion is relevant
timers and configurable parameters as appropriate.  Section 5
   provides threshold and protocol variables.

1.2.  Organization of this document

   Section 2 defines ASAP message formats.  In Section 3 we provide 
   detailed ASAP procedures for the ASAP implementer.  In Section 4
   we give the details of the ASAP interface, focusing on the
   communication primitives between the applications above ASAP and ASAP
   itself, and the communications primitives between ASAP and SCTP (or
other transport layer).  Also included in this discussion *are* relevant
timers and configurable parameters as appropriate.  Section 5
   provides threshold and protocol variables.

ASAP MAY provide hooks to assist an application in
   building a mechanism to share state but ASAP in itself will NOT share
   any state.

ASAP MAY provide hooks to assist an application in
   building a mechanism to share state but ASAP itself *does* NOT share
   any state.

More later.

-- Maureen
Maureen Stillman
Nokia Enterprise Solutions

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:14:02 -0500

> exists) in that pool and attempt to deliver the message to that

Good point.. I read this when I went through the document and
it gave me pause... but I was so busy with getting all the Motorola
comments in that I did not get back to it.. I will put your
suggested text in :-)

>    building a mechanism to share state but ASAP itself *does* NOT share

Got these too :-)

R
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Randall Stewart
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222(cell)