Subject: [Rserpool] FW: Document Action: 'Threats Introduced by RSerPool and Requirements for Security in Response to Threats' to Informational RFC

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:40:26 -0400

Hi Folks,

One more document approved, and thanks go to Maureen for creating the
document and following through on the numerous comments that were
received in IESG review (sometimes it seemed as if everyone had to
express some opinion about security issues).  Congratulations and
thanks, Maureen!

Lyndon

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:50 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; RFC Editor; rserpool mailing list;
rserpool chair
Subject: Document Action: 'Threats Introduced by RSerPool and
Requirements for Security in Response to Threats' to Informational RFC 

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Threats Introduced by RSerPool and Requirements for Security in 
   Response to Threats '
   <draft-ietf-rserpool-threats-15.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Reliable Server Pooling Working
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rserpool-threats-15.txt

Technical Summary

This draft provides an analysis of security threats to the Rserpool
architecture and defines requirements for countering these threats. It
provides additional information supporting the security sections of the
Rserpool protocol documents.

Working Group Summary

The Working Group process was constrained by the relatively small number
of people actively involved (although those involved were committed to
doing implementations of the protocols). Otherwise there was little
controversy within the group.

Document Quality

There are multiple implementations of the Rserpool protocols, ENRP and
ASAP. However, there are no vendors that have indicated plans for
implementation, and the protocols are being proposed as Experimental.
This particular draft is Informational only, as it defines no new
protocol.

Personnel

Document Shepherding is being provided by the non-author Working Group
chair, Lyndon Ong. Responsible Area Director is Magnus Westerlund.

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:35:33 -0500

The document is the result of the effort from the Rserpool security
design team that met for a year.  So thanks goes to the design team as a
whole.

In addition, Eric Rescorla gave many helpful comments on TLS as we went
along.  I asked him a number of questions and got prompt responses.  

-- Maureen
Maureen Stillman
Nokia Services and Software
Mobile: (607)229-3358

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of ext Ong, Lyndon
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:40 AM
To: rserpool mailing list
Subject: [Rserpool] FW: Document Action: 'Threats Introduced by RSerPool
andRequirements for Security in Response to Threats' toInformational RFC

Hi Folks,

Lyndon

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:50 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; RFC Editor; rserpool mailing list;
rserpool chair

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel