Subject: [Rserpool] RFC 5355 on Threats Introduced by Reliable Server Pooling (RSerPool) and Requirements for Security in Response to Threats

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5355

        Title:      Threats Introduced by Reliable Server 
                    Pooling (RSerPool) and Requirements for Security 
                    in Response to Threats 
        Author:     M. Stillman, Ed.,
                    R. Gopal, E. Guttman,
                    S. Sengodan, M. Holdrege
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 38042
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rserpool-threats-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5355.txt

Reliable Server Pooling (RSerPool) is an architecture and set of
protocols for the management and access to server pools supporting
highly reliable applications and for client access mechanisms to a
server pool.  This document describes security threats to the RSerPool
architecture and presents requirements for security to thwart these
threats.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Reliable Server Pooling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool