Subject: [Rserpool] Release of rsplib 2.7.13

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:32:47 +0100

The RSPLIB project has just released version 2.7.13 of the RSPLIB Open Source 
RSerPool package for Linux, FreeBSD and MacOS X. It can be downloaded from the 
project homepage: http://tdrwww.iem.uni-due.de/dreibholz/rserpool/ . RSPLIB is 
the Open Source implementation (GPLv3) of the IETF's new framework for 
Reliable Server Pooling (RSerPool), which is described in RFC 5351 to RFC 
5356. If you a looking for a Grid compution solution which is simple, easy to 
setup and mostly self-configuring, you are probably looking for RSerPool!

RSerPool provides lightweight protocols and functionalities for the management 
of server pools and sessions between users and pools. In particular, RSerPool 
can be used for highly available applications and for load distribution and 
load balancing in server pools. Its API is simple to use and understand, 
making the development of own distributed applications very easy. Details on 
RSerPool and the RSPLIB implementation can be found on the project's website: 
http://tdrwww.iem.uni-due.de/dreibholz/rserpool/ . A detailed introduction to 
the IETF RSerPool framework and the RSPLIB implementation can be found in 
http://duepublico.uni-duisburg-
essen.de/servlets/DerivateServlet/Derivate-16326/Dre2006-final.pdf .

The RSPLIB project is still looking for a Debian sponsor to upload the package 
to Debian/GNU Linux! See: http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-
pkglist?action=details;package=rsplib .

An RSPLIB package is already included in Ubuntu Linux since version 8.10 
(Intrepid Ibex); the latest Ubuntu package is also available in a Launchpad 
PPA for all active Ubuntu versions: https://launchpad.net/~dreibh/+archive/ppa 
.

Happy RSerPooling!
-- 
=======================================================================
 Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Duisburg-Essen,                   Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================