Subject: [RSN] Extended Deadline - CFP - NETWORKS 2008 - Budapest, Sept.28 - Oct.2

From: "Rolland Vida" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:41:26 +0100

Dear colleagues,

Since routing issues and sensor networks feature among the topics of
interest of this CFP, I hope this might be interesting for some of you.

Best regards,
Rollan Vida, Networks 2008 publicity chair
 
**********************************************************************
Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call
************************************************************************
                   Call For Papers, Tutorials and Exhibition
 
Conference Title:  NETWORKS 2008, 13th International Telecommunications
                   Network Strategy and Planning Symposium
                   "Convergence in Progress"

Location & Date:   Budapest, Hungary, Sept 28 - Oct 2, 2008

Venue:             Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget
                   Budapest, Hungary

Host:              Department of Telecommunications and Media Informatics
                   Budapest University of Technology and Economics 

Technical co-sponsors: IEEE, IEEE Communication Society

URL:               http://www.networks2008.org/
Contact:           [email-masked]
************************************************************************

Networks 2008 will focus on the challenges of planning networks to deliver
on the promise of Convergence and NGN. The challenges are many - how to
build high performance networks for converged services where every step is
cost justified and drives profitable growth, where difficult issues of
scalability, end-to-end network performance, network management, network and
service control, reliability, security and interoperability are planned and
then realized, and where flexibility is maintained to allow experimentation
with new applications that can foster new and compelling revenue streams for
operators. Unleashing the core value of convergence and the reduction in the
number of network platforms requires innovation in network planning methods,
scalable architectures, new optimization algorithms, and understanding the
tradeoffs between different technology choices and migration paths.

We are living in very interesting times right now. The revolution we had
been hoping for is finally taking place. Mobile and fixed operators are
moving to next generation networks. Hundreds of trials are underway. Many
operators have made recent commitments, very significant investments towards
their future vision, often reducing spending drastically on extensions to
current infrastructures to allow spending on new platforms. At such times,
industry professionals are on a high learning growth curve and there is an
urgent need for forums where true learning can occur thru the exploration of
diverse perspectives and opposing viewpoints, the presentation of
leading-edge results in planning specific networks, and state-of-the art
methods and tools.

Networks 2008 provides such an opportunity. It is the 13th of such symposia,
held every two years, and attracting participants from all over the world -
from network operators, to systems and software companies, to researchers
from universities and industry, to systems integrators. At Networks 2008, we
will continue the tradition of state-of-the art papers, invited
presentations, and panel sessions, as international experts present their
latest findings and share experiences in network strategy, planning,
operations, management, control and design.  

NETWORKS 2008 KEY THEMES:

1. Convergence at Different Domains
a) Business strategy for convergence in competition
b) Economies of scale at network, services, access, terminals and operation
domains
c) Triple play and Multiple play. Architectures and solutions
d) Fixed-Mobile-Nomadic convergence
e) Broadband Mobile-Broadcast/Multicast convergence
f) IMS architecture and applications solutions
g) Addressing and numbering issues
h) Example cases on convergence
 
2. Migration to NGN and Mobile Broadband
a) NGN and IMS architectures and solutions
b) Migration steps to NGN based on economical evaluation and security
c) New services driving evolution to NGN
d) Migrating to multimedia/multiservice environment
e) VoIP solutions: service, performance, cost and revenues impactsf) IPTV
demand and design
g) Migration alternatives from 2G to 3G and economical evaluation, Services
driving 3G business
h) Interoperation across multiple domains
i) Regulation and interconnection issues in NGN, Network certification
process
 
3. Routing, Traffic Flows and Optimization
a) Multiservice traffic measurement, analysis, characterization and
simulation at network level
b) Multiservice flow matrix and aggregation methods
c) New signaling and control in multimedia/multisystems
d) P2P (peer-to-peer) traffic flows and implications on network demand
e) Impact of GRID services
f) Intra-Domain and Inter-Domain routing, TE (Traffic Engineering) and
resilience
g) Optimization process with technical and economic criteria
h) Using Game Theory, Meta-heuristics and LP/ILP

4. Network Design and Planning Methods
a) Network design methods for multimedia services
b) Network topology design and optimization at different layers: physical,
optical, media and control
c) Quality of Service, Quality of Resilience, performance and SLA
d) VPN design
e) Ad-hoc networking
f) Sensor networks and autonomic networks
g) End-to-End service performance evaluation
h) Network security
i) Network resilience: survivability, protection, restoration and
availability
j) Cost modelling and pricing

5. Role of New Technologies, Developments and Standards
a) Optical switching
b) New generation SDH, OTN
c) New generation internet and IPv6
d) Carrier Grade/Class Ethernet: 100GEth, VPLS, PBB,
e) GMPLS, PCE
f) Mobile 3.5 and 4G, LTE (Long Term Evolution)
g) WiMax
h) xDSL and FTTx, Power Line Communication (PLC)
i) Broadcast/multicast systems. DVB-T/H

6. Network Planning Support Processes and Tools
a) Multilayer planning process
b) Business planning methods and tools
c) Optical network design tools
d) Access planning methods and tools
e) NGN planning methods and tools
f) 3G planning methods and tools
g) OSS and BSS processes and tools
h) Network Management support tools
 
IMPORTANT DATES:

   Submission of full papers: Extended from February 29 to March 7, 2008
   Tutorial Submission: April 11, 2008
   Notification of acceptance: May 9, 2008 
   Final Version of Accepted Papers and Copyright: August 1, 2008  
 
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: 

Papers must be unpublished. All papers will be reviewed by Technical Program
Committee members and other experts active in the field to ensure high
quality and relevance. Authors of accepted papers must attend the conference
to present their contributions.

Papers must be submitted electronically through the EDAS system (details are
available at the www.networks2008.org). Each submission must be accompanied
by the following information: a short abstract (up to 300 words), a complete
list of authors and their affiliations, a contact person for correspondence,
postal and e-mail addresses, phone and fax numbers. 

The total length of papers should be between 6 and 10 pages. Accepted papers
will be published by the HTE and the IEEE. HTE will own the copyright
transferred to them by the authors. All the papers will also be available
electronically from IEEE Xplore (ieeexplore.ieee.org), the digital library
of the IEEE. Guidelines for formatting the paper can be obtained from
http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/

The top 10% papers receiving highest reviewer score will be invited to
related journals. Based on scores and the oral presentation, up to 3 papers
will be chosen for the best paper award.

The full pdf version of this CFP can be downloaded from
http://www.networks2008.org/data/upload/file/Networks_CFP.pdf

COMMITTEES:

International Management and Scientific Committee (IMSC)
  IMSC Chair: Gyula Sallai, BME-TMIT and HTE, Hungary
  IMSC Members: 
    Alberto Ciarniello, Telecom Italia Mobile, Italy 
    Sang-Baeg Kim, Korea Telecom, Korea
    Oscar Gonzalez-Soto, ITU Consultant, Spain 
    Hussein T. Mouftah, University of Ottawa, Canada
    Joachim Gross, Arcor, Germany 
    Lawrence Paratz, Telstra Corporation, Australia
    Wolfgang Gross, Telekom, Germany 
    Michal Pioro, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
    Hideaki Yoshino, NTT, Japan 
    Rati C. Thanawala, Alcatel-Lucent, USA
    Bernard Jarry-Lacombe, France Telecom, France 
    Andy Valdar, University College London, UK

International Programme Committee (IPC)
  IPC Chair: Tibor Cinkler, BME-TMIT, Hungary

Tutorial Chair: Andrzej Jajszczyk, KT-AGH and IEEE, Poland

Exhibition Chair: Csaba Kantor, Magyar Telekom, Hungary

National Advisory Board (NAB)
  NAB Chair: Laszlo Pap, BME-HIT and HTE, Hungary

Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
  LOC Chair: Peter Nagy, HTE, Hungary

Sincerely,
  Tibor Cinkler
  Networks 2008 International Program Committee Chair

_______________________________________________
RSN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rsn