Subject: [rsvp-dir] missing assignments for integrated services

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:15:45 -0400

Hi,

It looks like rfc2997 values never made it into
http://www.iana.org/assignments/integ-serv/integ-serv.xml.

In particular:
Service name, service number 6 (Null)
Parameter ID, parameter 128 (Null Service TSpec)

Lou

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:13:56 -0500

Lou

I noticed about 2 years ago that there seemed to be a great many IANA 
assignments missing. I was going to go through all the RSVP and 
IntServ docs I could find and write up basically the IANA 
registration section for each in this separate doc (because some 
don't even have IANA considerations sections in the RFCs). The plan 
was to officially "update" each RFC that has not had assignments 
entered into IANA.

I haven't gotten close to finishing this task, but not because it is 
too daunting or tedious, but because other things are frequently more 
important or I'm fightin` fires at my day job.

I still plan on completing this effort. In fact, I have several IDs 
just coming out of WGLC or with the IESG right now, and that should 
create enough time for me to write this - hopefully before Quebec or Taiwan.

BTW - any missing assignments that anyone is aware of, please let me 
know. I'll add them into this new doc.

James

---

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 07:26:40 +0000

Thanks James,

I tried this a couple of times over the years using emails to IANA, but it looks
like your approach is much more likely to be successful : one draft, one IANA
section.

Many thanks.
Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of James M. Polk
> Sent: 18 March 2011 21:14
> To: Lou Berger; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [rsvp-dir] missing assignments for integrated services
> 
> _______________________________________________
> rsvp-dir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rsvp-dir