Subject: Java RSVP sockets

From: "Michael Ditze" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:44:46 +0200

Hi Graham ,

Thanks for your immediate answer.
I just had an an discussion with a collegue of mine that arose the following
question :
We are trying to give a Java application a RSVP connectivity such as Java
data can be send using a RSVP Reservation. Java calls native C functions
through the JNI in order to make the reservation.
The problem in question is whether the data can be sent directly from the
Java side once a reservation on a specified address is made (on the C-side)
using RSVP with Java sockets or if RSVP would require the data to be sent
directly from the C-side. Consequently the data would have to be passed to
the C-side first.
Or in other words : Is it possible to make a reservation for a speciefied
Datagram Socket in one programming language (C) and use it in another one
(Java) that has no knowledge about the QoS for the socket.Therefore the RSVP
socket it would be transparent to the Java user.

Thnaks for your efforts ,

Michael