Subject: Admission Control

From: Maria Elena Villapol <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:12:47 +1030

Hi everyone

If a host is just a receiver (not a sender), does it make sense to have
any admission control on the receiver ?
I think, admission control occurs just at the outgoing interfaces with
respect to the direction of the flow. Thus, there are not outgoing
interfaces on the receiver host , since it is the final destination.

Am I right ?

Thank in advance

Maria

--
Maria Elena Villapol
PhD Student
Institute for Telecommunications Research
University of South Australia

email: [email-masked]
       [email-masked]

Web Page: http://www.itr.unisa.edu.au/~maria/index.htm

---

From: "Yoram Bernet (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:41:42 -0800

One could consider the inbound network stack of the receiving host, to be a
sender to the application layer. The receive stack does have limited
resources. We haven't implemented receive side admission control or traffic
control at this time, but consider that it may be a useful feature to
implement at some future date.
 
Yoram

-----Original Message-----
From: Maria Elena Villapol [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 10:43 PM
To: RSVP
Subject: Admission Control

Hi everyone 

If a host is just a receiver (not a sender), does it make sense to have any
admission control on the receiver ? 
I think, admission control occurs just at the outgoing interfaces with
respect to the direction of the flow. Thus, there are not outgoing
interfaces on the receiver host , since it is the final destination. 

Am I right ? 

Thank in advance 

Maria 

-- 

Maria Elena Villapol

PhD Student

Web Page:  http://www.itr.unisa.edu.au/~maria/index.htm
<http://www.itr.unisa.edu.au/~maria/index.htm>