Subject: QoSSIG BOF

From: "Istvan Cselenyi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:53:09 +0100

Reading Ping's and earlier threads [1-3] and works [4-11] it seems that 
there are many people who want to contribute to the future of signaled 
QoS, but there is no IETF charter for aggregating all these good (not 
best :-) efforts since  

* the DS WG excludes new signaling by (re)definition 
* the MPLS WG deals with QoS routing and TE which are different
* the ISSLL WG doesn't really suit to DS
* the RSVP WG is closing done

Shall we start with a BOF in Adelaide?

/Istvan

------------------------------
Links

[1]  http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/msg00057.html

[2]  http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/msg03288.html

[3]  http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/msg04872.html

[4]  http://icawww1.epfl.ch/srp/

[5]  http://www.it.kth.se/~gk/Tyrrhenian-ws.ps

[6]  P. White, J. Crowcroft, A Case for Dynamic Sender-Initiated 
Reservation in the Internet, Journal on High Speed Networks, Special 
Issue on QoS Routing and Signaling, Vol 7 No 2, 1998  

[7]  A. Eriksson, C. Gehrmann, "Robust and Secure Light- weight 
Resource Reservation for Unicast IP Traffic", International WS on 
QoS'98, IWQoS'98, May 18-20, 1998  

[8]  http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gibson-sip-qos-resv-00.txt

[9]  http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-00.txt

[10]  http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-insignia-01.txt

[11]  http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bergkvist-boomerang-spec-00.txt

--------------------------------------------------
                Istvan Cselenyi                      
 Telia Research AB           Phone: +46-8-7138173
 Vitsandsgatan 9 B431          Fax: +46-8-7138199          
 S-12386 Farsta            Mobile: +46-70-3228801  
 Sweden        E-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ping Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:05:10 -0500

Istvan Cselenyi wrote:
> QoS, 

As for end-user QoS signaling protocol, here is another one. ;-)

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~pingpan/projects/yessir.html

Since I am implementing it on FreeBSD as we speak now, and changing the
draft as I code, so no official draft for it yet. But we should have
something (draft plus working code) soon.... My previous implementation
was on IBM routers, and many things have changed since then. ;-)

- Ping

---

From: Ping Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:05:10 -0500

- Ping

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: "Istvan Cselenyi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:53:09 +0100

/Istvan