Subject: RE: [Diffserv] QoSSIG BOF

From: Istvan Cselenyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 02:02:33 +0100

Summing up the QoSSIG game (before leaving some of the mailing lists) there
are already two reasons to open a new forum

1. discuss new protocols as extension, replacement or successor of RSVP 
2. discuss adjusting the functionality and comlexity of RSVP

Any other arguments for/against a BOF?!

/Istvan 

PS

Yoram Bernet wrote:
> > "The ISSLL WG doesn't really suit to DS", I would point out that the
> > ISSLL WG has been working for some time on the mapping of 
> > RSVP/Integrated services to DS. So - this statement is somewhat 
> > inaccurate.

I meant the historical root of ISSLL and not the current IS/DS work. But do
you think that ISSLL is the right forum for all these?

---

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:11:25 -0600

>are already two reasons to open a new forum

There may be a third reason: We are looking for a home related
to QoS signaling for IP telephony.
SIP based call setup, policy using COPS, authorization using
OSP, RSVP and DiffServ are all used for QoS support for which
the ISPs get paid - an essential ingredient to provide QoS in
the first place :-)

Our draft has been quoted in previous mail, but just in case,
here is the URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-interdomain-
sip-qos-osp-00.txt
We plan to post a revised draft 02 for the 47th IETF.

If of interest, would appreciate the opportunity for a 5-10
minute presentation at the BOF: "QoS for IP Telephony".
The authors can attend the QoSSIG BOF if there is no conflict
with the SIP and IMPP WGs and preferably also other IP telephony
related WGs.

Thanks, Henry

Henry Sinnreich
MCI WorldCom
400 International Parkway
Richardson, Texas 75081
USA

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked]
>[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
>Istvan Cselenyi
>Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2000 7:03 PM
>To: Joakim Bergkvist; 'Yoram Bernet '; 'Ping Pan '
>Cc: [email-masked]'; 'RSVP '; 'diffserv ';
>[email-masked] '; [email-masked] '
>Subject: [Boomerang] RE: [Diffserv] QoSSIG BOF
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>diffserv mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
>Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Boomerang mailing list
>http://soha.ttt.bme.hu/mailman/listinfo/boomerang