Subject: Re: [Diffserv] QoSSIG BOF

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:03:16 +0100

>I personally believe the issues of explicit path messages and signalling
states
>are to firmly integrated into RSVP to allow for a simple downgrading. This
kind
>of radical sidestep would not be feiable in a logic extension of the closing
>RSVP work without loosing a lot of momentum and time to market. Since
there are
>many with me arguing that a simpler solution for a simpler scenario is
>suficcient it is vital for the credibility of the IETF to sustain a forum for
>these issues. At least until it is clearly shown that RSVP is up to the task
>without beeing so complex so as to giv an unreasonable advantage to gigant
>companies with large resources.

Right, we need a stateless alternative!
Don't get me wrong, I of course don't say we should forget about RSVP, but
we should discuss stateless approaches, too. Which could conflict with the
idea of a QoS signaling framework, though?!

Regards,
Michael Welzl