Subject: RAP WG Last Call on draft for Application-ID for RSVP Policy Obje cts - take 2

From: Andrew Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:23:30 -0800

Oops, so much for cut'n'paste: try again ... apologies for clogging your
mailboxes - you all knew what I *meant* to write.

-------------------------------------------------

This is to announce the RAP Working Group LAST-CALL for the draft on ***
Application-ID for RSVP Policy Objects ***. The relevant IETF draft
announcement is enclosed below. The current intent is for this document to
be on the Internet Standards track as described in RFC-2026 although we will
use this last call period, amongst other things, to sense whether the RAP WG
believes this is the appropriate status for this document, or not. 

The RAP Working Group plans to make a decision on a recommendation for
progressing this document to the Proposed Standard state at the end of the
Working Group Last Call period which will be February 28th, 2000.

Comments should be sent to the RAP WG mailing list ([email-masked]) as
soon as possible but not later than Monday February 28th, 2000.

Thanks,

Andrew Smith
Mark Stevens
RAP WG co-chairs

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-appid-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 03:31:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Application and Sub Application Identity Policy 
                          Element for Use with RSVP
	Author(s)	: Y. Bernet, R. Pabbati
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-appid-01.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 10-Feb-00
	
RSVP [RFC 2205] signaling messages typically include policy data
objects, which in turn contain policy elements. Policy elements may
describe user and/or application information, which may be used by
RSVP aware network elements to apply appropriate policy decisions to
a traffic flow. This informational draft details the usage of policy
elements that provide application information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-appid-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-appid-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-appid-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:50:56 -0800