Subject: Configuration file in KOM RSVP

From: Tommy Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 21:35:16 +0800

Dear all:
We have downloaded KOM RSVP 1.9 and using FreeBSD 3.4. But we don't understand
the exact sementics of the config file. There seems no more detailed
documentation in the release. Is anyone know how to configure RSVP Daemon?
Thanks a lot!

p.s I have tried 'virtual nodes on a single machine'
---------------------------------------------

Host A:
RSVPD ../simple-tests/rsvp.conf1
recvapi ../simple-tests/rsvp.conf1 130.83.138.134 <dest-port>

Host A:
RSVPD ../simple-tests/rsvp.conf2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But I encountered a problem when I excuted this command. It seems the address
has been used in the first RSVPD process.

Host A:
RSVPD ../simple-tests/rsvp.conf3
sendapi ../simple-tests/rsvp.conf3 130.83.138.134 <dest-port>

---

From: Martin Karsten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:11:34 +0100 (CET)

[Charset big5 unsupported, skipping...]

[ I am replying to this message on the rsvp list, as well, but I guess it is
more appropriate to discuss such details only on rsvp-test. I would like to
ask anybody to direct further questions to rsvp-test only. ]

Tommy,

first, I want to advise you to upgrade to version 2.0. Among many other
features, it is also made easier to configure the compilation process
through a small script which is executed when running 'make config'.

When you want to use the emulation mode, please make sure that you have
compiled the daemon with the setting
NETWORK=virt
in Makefile.auto.<hostname>

Please also make sure that both configuration files specify different ports
for communication with the API (should be set that way in the distribution).

If that doesn't help, could you please send me the error message you get?
(preferrably by private email then we don't bother the list until we solved
the problem).

Greetings,
Martin