Subject: Working group last call - Refresh Overhead Reduction

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 10:36:37 -0500

The WG last call on draft-ietf-rsvp-refresh-reduct-02.txt closed on 
Friday.  Here is a summary of comments received and planned actions.  Only 
summaries of issues are listed.  Please see the list archive for full details.

[Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>]

1.  Comment/Issue:
     A number of comments related to intent or asking for clarification.
     (This includes a number of comments related to Epoch.)
   - Planned action:
     Will review related sections and revise or add text where
     appropriate.

2.  Comment/Issue:
     Some inconsistent wording exists related to (a) handling of Send_TTL
     with Bundle messages and (b) uniqueness of Message_Identifier values.

   - Planned action:
     Fix text.

3.  Comment/Issue:
     Suggested adding a NACK reason code for possible future use.

   - Planned action:
     None.  (Can be added in future if/when need arises.)

4.  Comment/Issue:
     Adrian provided a nice list of typos.

   - Planned action:
     Integrate them. (thank you!)

[From: Mayumi Tomikawa <[email-masked]>]
5.  Comment/Issue:
     There was some confusion on Section 5.5.
   - Planned action:
     Will review section and revise as needed.

[in private e-mail]
6.  Comment/Issue:
     Sec 5.3 - section could benefit from "... an example with few RSVP
     sessions going through 2 routers and with a list of the Srefresh
     messages."
   - Planned action:
     Will add example if time permits.

[other planned changes]
7.  Request assigned values from IANA, put placeholder values in document.
8.  Update Srefresh BNF to reduced duplicate name usage.

That's it.  Please let us know if I missed your comments.  The plan is to 
issue a new version of the draft incorporating these changes before next 
week's I-D cutoff.  We should then be ready for IETF last call.

Lou

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 08:06:52 -0500

We've updated the draft per the last call comments.  All changes mentioned 
below were made with the exception of adding the example to section 
5.3.  The draft has been submitted.  For those who don't want to wait for 
it to come out, it's available at 
http://www.labn.net/docs/draft-ietf-rsvp-refresh-reduct-03.txt (change bar 
version is at http://www.labn.net/docs/diff02-03a.txt.)

Once the document comes out in the I-D directories, we should be ready for 
IETF last call.

Lou (and fellow co-authors)