Subject: Explicit routing...

From: Retvari Gabor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 10:21:13 +0200

Hello,

I'm interested in investigating the co-operation of routing and RSVP.
Therefore I need to know, has any kind of explicit (source-) routing
support been invented for RSVP?
This means: is the RSVP - Routing interface capable of carrying explicit
routing objects (based on my understanding, it is not), has Explicit
Routing object been added to the Path message (or is it worth using IP
source routing?).
Any pointer to related work is appreciated...

	Thanks in advance: Gabor Retvari/BUTE

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 11:36:50 -0400

Retvari Gabor wrote:
> This means: is the RSVP - Routing interface capable of carrying
> explicit routing objects (based on my understanding, it is not), has
> Explicit Routing object been added to the Path message (or is it worth
> using IP source routing?).

The MPLS working group has created an explicit-route extension to RSVP
as part of their RSVP-TE draft:

	draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-05.txt

As far as I know, these extensions are not included in any RSVP working
group document, and therefore should not be used except when used for
signalling MPLS LSPs.

-- David