Subject: an RSVP question

From: Gal Mor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:27:06 +0200

Hi,

As you all know, RSVP is a unidirectional protocol, resources will be
reserved to the sender that sent the RSVP PATH request.

if, for example, user started an application that needs a resources in both
direction (upstream and downstream). if the application will send an RSVP
PATH message, resources will be reserved only in downstream direction (from
the destination to the user's application).

how can we trigger a request in the opposite direction, should the
application ask the destination to send an RSVP PATH message, or there is a
simpler way ?

thanks in advance
Gal.

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

> application ask the destination to send an RSVP PATH message, or there is a

RSVP's simplex reservation works in all cases including networks with
asymmentric paths (I agree that the operation is not the least cost, or
the most optimal).
Allowing a control message from one direction to make reservations for both
directions works only if all paths are symmentric.

Lixia

---

From: jing shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:22:06 +0900

> > application ask the destination to send an RSVP PATH message, or there is a

I think it perhaps you can realized that in your system by invoking a
trigger message after one-way RSVP.

Jing Shen