Subject: BW reserve with RSVP

From: Juan Diego Otero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:28:30 +0100

Hi,

I have established an MPLS TE Tunnel between 2

Cisco 7200 routers with RSVP as the signaling protocol.

I've made a RSVP reserve if 100 Kbit/s. I have one question:

if you don't use your BW reserved, or you just use, for

instace 25%, what happens with the unused reserved BW. It

can be used by other traffic flows? It can be used by best-effort

traffic who travels in the same links that the RSVP flows?

Thanks

Diego Otero

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:28:35 -0700

>traffic who travels in the same links that the RSVP flows?

Keep in mind that RSVP is only a messenger that carries your reservation 
requests around. RSVP does not make admission policies itself.
It is up to the admission control module at the node to decide what to do 
with reserved but unused bandwidth.

Lixia