Subject: Questions about the rsvp message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:09:26 +0800

Hello all,
    I looked into the rfc2205, and now I have a very basic question:
    the destination address of RSVP packet is the receiver's address.
    However, the IP module will check all packets's destination address.
    If it is for this node,then it will deliver the packet to high
    layer.

    then how can the intermediate nodes process the RSVP packet?

    Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
 ward                          mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 05:04:42 -0700

>    the destination address of RSVP packet is the receiver's address.

the above should be "the destination of the PATH message...."
the destination in RESV message is previous RSVPP hop

>    then how can the intermediate nodes process the RSVP packet?

Logically, by noticing it is an RSVP packet (protocole = 46)
Mechanism wise, there is a Router Alert option that can cause router's
attention.