Subject: RSVP Implementation

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 03:23:26 +0530 (IST)

Sir,
I have a question regarding the rsvp implentation. 

Sir the Makefile says the following:
  HOST_ONLY
                If defined, this symbol allows compilation of a
                host-only rsvpd.  It omits code that is dependent upon
                kernel-specific symbols (e.g., multicast and RSVP
                hooks), which may not be defined in a particular host
                system.  Note that an rsvpd that is compiled with this
                symbol undefined will still make a run-time check for
                the existence of the corresponding kernel features, and
                act accordingly.

                --> This conditional compilation is almost certainly
                wrong in places.

Sir does it mean that i cannot compile and run the rsvpd deamon on a
machine which does not multicast routing.
because with HOST_ONLY compilation i am unable to compile the code

it gives the follwoing error

----------------------------------------------------------------
gcc -g -Wall -I../apitools -I/usr/src/sys -DDEBUG -DSCHEDULE -DRTAP
-DSECURITY -DSTATS -DRSVP_DIAG -DAPI_USE_NET_BO -DISI_TEST
-DISI_FLOW_LABEL -DHOST_ONLY   -c rsrr_rsrr.c
rsrr_rsrr.c: In function `convert':
rsrr_rsrr.c:1884: `gated_to_rsvpd' undeclared (first use in this function)
rsrr_rsrr.c:1884: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
rsrr_rsrr.c:1884: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [rsrr_rsrr.o] Error 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So can u please tell me if i can really run this software on a host
machine.

What i  want to do is i want to run the software on two machines and see
them  talk to each other. 

Thanks 
           
Sincerely

Prasanna

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-\_|</ /)))
              (\\\\ \_/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ \_/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        \_    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|\__,_| \_/ \___|   \__,_|  |_| |_|_|\___\___|   \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
*************************************************************************