Subject: siglite - BOF mailing list

From: "Henning G. Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:24:04 -0500

After discussions with Scott Bradner, I have set up a mailing list at

http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/siglite

to discuss interest in possibly having a BOF on light-weight approaches
to network-layer signaling for QoS, network state setup, pricing
information and related topics. The goal of the list is to narrow down
the topics of discussion sufficiently well to see if there is a
sufficient interest and a coherent agenda for a BOF at the next IETF. At
this point, this is an exploratory effort to gather some of the recent
work on network-layer signaling protocols and see if any of it should be
pursued in the IETF. Different design trade-offs than today's protocols
are likely to be needed to arrive at different design choices. For
example, a sub-goal may be the use in devices with restricted memory
resources, such as 3G wireless or various networked appliances.

The range of commonality across network-layer signaling functions is
also, I believe, an interesting area of exploration.

No decisions on the BOF have been made at this point.

Thanks.

Henning
-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs