Subject: RSVP Doubt, please respond.

From: "manoj juneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 16:44:33 -0700

Hi Fred,
        I have a doubt related to merging of flowspecs in RSVP. If
there are three receivers say R1, R2 and R3. Further assume that these
three receivers want to receive data, R1 from senders S1 and S2, R2
from S2 and S3 and R3 from S1 and S3.

Now, we have three different RSVP sessions i.e. one corresponding to
pair R1{S1, S2}, R2{S2, S3}, R3{S1, S3}.

First assume that all the sessions are using the FF-style of
reservation. Now, can I merge the reservations of different 
sessions(individually for senders S1, S2 and S3) even if these receivers are
not part of same multicast group ?

Regards,
manoj.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: Steven Berson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 15:21:43 -0700 (PDT)

> not part of same multicast group ?

Manoj,

RSVP does not allow merging reservations for different multicast
addresses.  More generally, RSVP does not allow merging reservations
from different sessions.

Regards,
Steve