Subject: questions about RFC 2206

From: "Feng, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:03:44 -0700

Hi,

I've tried to look for some clarification in the e-mail archive for the
following questions; but couldn't get some definite answeres:

- In the ResvTable and the FwdTable, there are entries for the sender
address. The description says that
"The source address of the sender selected by this reservation. The value of
all zeroes indicates 'all senders'."

The ResvTable and FwdTable are meant to reflect the received and forwarded
Resv message. Does it mean, in SE and WF style, the sender address should be
"0". Even in FF style, the flow descriptor for each sender could be packed
into one Resv message. In that case, do we make a distinction for each
sender while responding to the MIB request.

Also, under "rsvpResvEntry" and "rsvpResvFwdEntry", the document says that
"Information describing the state information ... concerning a single
sender."
If each request is for _one_ sender, how could the sender address be "0" for
"all senders".

- In the ResvTable and FwdTable, the "rsvpResvFlowId" field is for
"The flow ID that this receiver is using, if this is an IPv6 session."
What "receiver" is the document referring to, the current node, or the
destination address. In RFC2205, the SESSION object does not have flow IDs
for IPv6. If it is meant for the current node, is it the interface where the
Resv message arrives, or the LIH within the Resv message?

Thanks in advance.

- Mark