Subject: RE: Query

From: "shweta khosla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:34:00 +0530

hi,
I will explain you the scenario where you may need 2 session objects.
Suppose I want QoS end-to-end (i.e. between originating source(S) and
final destination(D)).Somewhere between S and D there is a mpls domain
which uses RSVP-TE for signalling.Assume that S and D don't support MPLS
forwarding as well as RSVP-TE.They use base RSVP.So when a path message
originated from S arrives at Ingress of the MPLS domain which supports
RSVP-TE then can the path message  be modified by adding objects
corresponding to RSVP-TE ?
viz.  it can be add another session object (with different Ctype) for
LSP setup.
That is the ingress router is ensuring the reservation requested by S
and label setup at the same time.

If this can't be done then how can we ensure end-to-end QoS in above
scanario ?

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Swayam Prakash [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Thursday, January 24, 2002 7:13 PM
> To:	shweta khosla
> Subject:	Re: Query
> 
> where is the possibility of 2 session object in the stated
> scenario.!!!!
> 
> shweta khosla wrote:
> 
> > Hello,
> >  I had wanted to know whether we can have two session objects in a
> > single message.
> > That is if there is a te tunnel within a session and a session
> object
> > associated with it,
> >  how we distinguish between the two session objects ?
> >
> > Regards
> > Shweta Khosla
>

---

From: Dipak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:02:03 -0500

Hi all,
    An LSR running RSVP-TE should also understand vanilla RSVP messages 
(older Ctype and class numbers) and take action as if it is router 
running vanilla RSVP. Now, this is dependent on the router 
implementation, that how it'll treat the RSVP message. Router will be 
having at least two option (I guess!!) [A] it may create a LSP tunnel 
using the original RSVP QoS requirement specified  by original  sender 
(according to RFC 2746, pointed out by Bob Braden) or [B] create no tunnel.
    I think these are the possibilities. Request to all - Please correct 
me if I'm wrong in any way.

Thanks,
Dipak