Subject: 2nd Call for Participation INFOCOM 2002 + HOTEL RATE REDUCTION

From: "Andreas Pitsillides" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:02:49 +0300

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE COPIES

-----   CALL FOR PARTICIPATION - INFOCOM 2002 ---------------

 Note:
1. The deadline for low rate hotel reservation cut-off is extended to Friday
14
2. Hotel rates have been reduced  to $239 for single and $259 for double
occupancy
3. All earlier bookings made at the earlier higher rate, will be reimbursed
the difference

 The 21st Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications
 Societies June 23-27, 2002, Hilton New York, New York, USA
 http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2002

---

From: "Andreas Pitsillides" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:17:00 +0300

-----   CALL FOR PARTICIPATION - INFOCOM 2002 ---------------

Note:
 1. The deadline for low rate hotel reservation cut-off is extended to
Friday
 14
 2. Hotel rates have been reduced  to $239 for single and $259 for double
 occupancy
 3. All earlier bookings made at the earlier higher rate, will be reimbursed
 the difference

---

From: "Andreas Pitsillides" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:36:46 +0300

Dear Colleagues:

For those of you planning to attend INFOCOM in NYC this year, we are holding
the Wireless Internet Workshop at the Brooklyn campus of Polytechnic
University on Friday, June 28. The workshop is sponsored by the New York
State Wireless Internet Center for Advanced Technology (WICAT), which draws
researchers from Polytechnic and Columbia Universities.

Registration is free, but please send an email to [email-masked] if
you intend to come. This will help us in our planning process.

A tentative program follows.

Shiv Panwar

******************************************************************
Friday, June 28, 2002

Free Registration (Please email [email-masked] if you plan to attend)

Venue: Auditorium Library/CATT Building
Five Metro Tech Center, Brooklyn, NY

Tentative Schedule
9 am Welcome: Phyllis Frankl, Director, Wireless Internet Center for
Advanced Technology

9:10 am Keynote Speaker- Joseph Katz, Symbol Technologies

10 am Invited Speaker 1 - Adam Wolisz, Technical University of Berlin

10:45 am Coffee Break

11 am Panel Discussion: Wireless Research after 9/11,
Chair: Andrew Campbell, WICAT/Columbia University
Taieb Znati, National Science Foundation
George Hough, Fire Dept. NY
Aurel Lazar, Columbia University
David Johnson, Rice University

12 pm noon Lunch and Poster Session outside auditorium entrance,
Tour of Brooklyn Promenade

1:30 pm Invited Speaker 2 - TBA
2:15 pm Invited Speaker 3 - David Goodman, Polytechnic University

3 -3:15 pm Coffee break
3:15 pm Panel Discussion: Killer Apps for the Wireless Internet
Chair: Mel Horwich, Polytechnic University
Panelists: TBA
4:15 pm: Reception

For directions and information on WICAT, please visit our website:
http://wicat.poly.edu