Subject: doubt

From: "Hemant Khare" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Sep 2002 06:15:03 -0000

Hi,

   RFC 2209 says,
-------------------------------------
    PERR MESSAGE ARRIVES

     o    Search for a PSB whose(SESSION,SENDER_TEMPLATE) pair 
matches the corresponding objects in the message.  If no matching 
PSB is found, drop the PERR message and return.

    o    If the previous hop address in the PSB is the local API, 
make an error upcall to the application:
     Call: <Upcall_Proc>( session-id, PATH_ERROR,
                         Error_code,Error_value,Node_Addr,
                        Sender_Template [ , Policy_Data] )

         Any SENDER_TSPEC or ADSPEC object in the message is 
ignored. Otherwise, send a copy of the PERR message to the PHOP IP 
address.

    o    Drop the PERR message and return.
------------------------

   After reading this section what i have in mind is that error in 
the PERR message will be reported to the sender (data source).

   But the error may be caused by the intermediate nodes. In that 
case error must be reported intermediate node and not to sender 
application (data source).

   Please let me know ur thoughts on this aspect.

TIA and Regards,
-hemanth
__________________________________________________________
Give your Company an email address like
ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!
Know more. http://www.rediffmailpro.com/signup/