Subject: [Rsvp] CfP: Mobile Distributed Information Systems at HICSS37 (Abstract Deadline extended)

From: Workshop HICSS-37 (MOBILE) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:29:18 +0200 (MET DST)

!! Abstract Deadline extended: April 10, 2003 !!

CfP: HICSS-37 Minitrack on Mobile Distributed Information Systems at HICSS-37

[Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

=====================================================================
    
               CALL FOR PAPERS 
 
             HICSS-37 Minitrack on
      MOBILE DISTRIBUTED INFORMATION SYSTEMS

       Part of the Software Technology Track
            at the Thirty-seventh Annual 
    HAWAI'I INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEM SCIENCES
              on the Big Island of Hawaii

                 January 5 - 8, 2004

---------------------------------------------------------------------

        Abstracts due: April 10, 2003 (Deadline extended!)
        Full Papers due: June 1, 2003
        Website: http://www.ipsi.fraunhofer.de/mobile/hicss

=====================================================================

In today's mobile society, access to relevant information and to context-
specific services "anytime, anywhere" is becoming increasingly important.
Mobile users are often particularly interested in information about and 
services in their immediate vicinity, thus Mobile Distributed Information 
Systems must address location-dependent distribution of and access to 
services and information from mobile devices. In addition to location, 
other environmental aspects, such as the user's current situation, topology
and available bandwidth of wireless networks, battery power and 
characteristics of mobile devices, are also relevant for determining 
information and service requirements. For mobile applications, a dynamic 
re-configurable architecture is thus required to support flexible reaction 
to changing contexts and seamless operation in foreign environments, with 
little or no need for manual reconfiguration. With mobile devices becoming 
more and more popular and powerful, communication and cooperation between 
mobile users in an ad-hoc manner are strongly desired. Consequently, 
the long-established distinction between clients and servers is blurred, 
which calls for an extension of the architectural paradigm towards peers 
or alternating roles. 

This Minitrack will address current topics in the field of 
Mobile Distributed Information Systems, such as:

 - Location and Situation Aware Information Services: Modeling, 
   Architectures and Applications
 - Network Support for Mobile Access to Services and Information 
 - Mobile Ad-hoc Networking and Computing
 - Provision, Distribution and Management of Services for Mobile 
   Environments 
 - Directory Services, Service Discovery and Service Brokers 
 - Middleware for Mobile Distributed Information Systems
 - Distributed Databases and Data Management for Mobile Applications
 - Peer-to-Peer Computing and Cooperation: Scenarios, Platforms and 
   Applications
 - Self-/Zero-/Auto-Configuration, Dynamic Configuration for Mobile
   Users 
 - Mobile Multimedia Systems, QoS for Mobile Information Access
 - Management of Groups of Mobile Users 
 - Mobile Devices: GUIs, Usability and Adaptability
 - Location Tracking Technologies 
 - Security, Privacy and Billing Issues for Mobile Information and 
   Service Access
 - Applications and Case Studies of Mobile Distributed Information 
   Systems

MINITRACK CHAIRS

  Andreas Meissner         Zhou Wang            Lars Wolf                 
  Fraunhofer IPSI          Fraunhofer IPSI      TU Braunschweig   
  Dolivostrasse 15         Dolivostrasse 15     Mühlenpfordtstraße 23
  64293 Darmstadt          64293 Darmstadt      38106 Braunschweig           
  Germany                  Germany              Germany                   
  {Andreas.Meissner, [email-masked]     [email-masked]

  The Minitrack Website is http://www.ipsi.fraunhofer.de/mobile/hicss 
  Please email general inquiries to [email-masked]

MINITRACK PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Heribert Baldus, Philips Research, Germany
Andrew T. Campbell, Columbia Univ, USA
Maria F. Costabile, Univ Bari, Italy
Carsten Griwodz, Univ Oslo, Norway
Junzhong Gu, East China Normal Univ, China
Pål Halvorsen, Univ Oslo, Norway
Haiming Huang, Broadstorm, USA
David Hutchison, Lancaster Univ, UK
Jae-Yong Lee, R&D Center of Serome Technology Inc., Korea
Bruce McDonald, Northeastern Univ, USA
Andreas Meissner, FhG IPSI, Germany
Jochen Schiller, Freie Univ Berlin, Germany
Jens Schmitt, Tech Univ Darmstadt, Germany
Wolfgang Schönfeld, FhG IPSI, Germany
Jochen Seitz, Tech Univ Ilmenau, Germany
Zhou Wang, FhG IPSI, Germany
Lars Wolf, Tech Univ Braunschweig, Germany

IMPORTANT DEADLINES 

   April  10, 2003    Abstracts submitted for guidance and indication of 
                      appropriate content.

   June    1, 2003    Full papers submitted.  
                              
   August 31, 2003    Acceptance notification sent to authors.

   October 1, 2003    Accepted manuscripts sent electronically to the 
                      publisher of the conference proceedings. Authors 
                      must be registered for the conference by this date.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION

1. Abstracts may be submitted by email to [email-masked] as 
PDF, Postscript, or RTF documents. Abstracts may also be sent in ASCII 
format and are expected to be 300-500 words. 

2. Full papers should consist of 22-26 double-spaced pages, including 
diagrams. Papers may be theoretical, conceptual or descriptive in nature.
(NOTE: Final papers will be 10 pages, double-column, single-spaced.) 
Full papers should be submitted electronically. Please see the Minitrack 
Website (http://www.ipsi.fraunhofer.de/mobile/hicss) for the detailed 
paper submission instructions.

3. Do not submit the manuscript to individual Minitrack Chairs - use 
the above alias instead. Papers should contain original material and 
not be previously published, or currently submitted for consideration 
elsewhere. 

4. Each paper must have a title page to include title of the paper, 
full name of all authors, and complete addresses including affiliation(s), 
telephone number(s), and e-mail address(es).  

TRACKS AT HICSS-37

 - Collaboration Systems;
   Co-Chair: Jay Nunamaker; E-mail: [email-masked]; 
   Co-Chair: Robert O. Briggs; E-mail: [email-masked]
 - Complex Systems; Chair: Robert Thomas; E-mail: [email-masked] 
 - Decision Tech. for Management; Chair: Dan Dolk; 
   E-mail: [email-masked]
 - Digital Documents; Chair: Michael Shepherd; E-mail: [email-masked]
 - Emerging Technologies; Chair: Ralph H. Sprague; E-mail: [email-masked]   
 - Information Technology in Health Care; Chair: William Chismar; 
   E-mail: [email-masked]; 
 - Internet & the Digital Economy; 
   Co-Chair: David King;  E-mail: [email-masked]
   Co-Chair: Alan Dennis; E-mail: [email-masked]
 - Organizational Systems & Tech.; Chair: Hugh Watson; 
   Email: [email-masked]
 - Software Technology; Chair: Gul Agha; E-mail: [email-masked]

HICSS conferences are devoted to advances in the information, computer,
and system sciences, and encompass developments in both theory and 
practice. Invited papers may be theoretical, conceptual, tutorial or 
descriptive in nature. Submissions undergo a peer referee process and 
those selected for presentation will be published in the Conference 
Proceedings (IEEE). Submissions must not have been previously published. 

For the latest information visit the HICSS web site at: 
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu 

CONFERENCE ADMINISTRATION

Ralph Sprague, Conference Chair
Email: [email-masked]
Eileen Dennis, Track Administrator
Email: [email-masked]
Sandra Laney, Conference Administrator
Email: [email-masked]

2004 HICSS-37 CONFERENCE VENUE

Hilton Waikoloa Village 
on the Big Island of Hawaii
425 Waikoloa Beach Drive
Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Tel: 1-808-886-1234
Fax: 1-808-886-2900
www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com

_______________________________________________
Rsvp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/rsvp