Subject: [Rtg-dt-encap-considerations] Action items

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 10:50:20 -0800

We will remove section 18.1, 18.1.1 and 18.1.2 and do the following 
additions:
1. Tom will provide some new text summarizing the issues for host NIC 
offload. We can fit that in as a separate section (new 18.1) or text at 
the end of section 18
2. Albert will reword the first bullet in section 18
3. Erik will fold together the 5th and last bullet into one that talks 
more about variability (and points out that TLV encoding has too much 
variability).
Doesn't seem like it explicitly needs to mention TCAM implementations. 
Might make sense to also have that bullet reference the extensibiity 
section in the draft.
4. Erik will take the ACL paragraph in 18.1.1 and rephrase it a bit to 
make the observation that a fixed UDP destination port per encap is 
needed to do such filtering. Paragraph will be added in the security 
section.
5. Erik will update the two 802.1 references to point to the one 
802.1Q-2014 document

I'll do the edits in 
https://docs.google.com/a/arista.com/document/d/1ncnJiu2orKlg2_1rdiCchMFta6yxfYeivcj-9XTcj0o/edit
Please update your author information there as well.

   Erik