Subject: Editors

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 02:53:40 +0200

Please note that I had difficulty in routing area or MANET WG explaing
my comments and discussing with editors just to understand my point of
views and edit few changes, but failed, it seems that they only follow
ADs, or I just don't know how they think.

Are editors taking any training?

AB

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:23:18 -0400

In message <[email-masked]>
 
> Are editors taking any training?

It is not clear from your email what draft you are talking about or
why this email is on the RTGWG mailing list.

I suggest that you try putting your comments in writing in an email
and send it to someone to review for clarity before sending to the
mailing list.  If you are talking about comments at the microphone at
a meeting, then perhaps written comments would clear things up.

In general written comments on the mailing list are supposed to count
for more than verbal comments at the mic at an IETF meeting, though
some would argue that is not the case.  Authors are obligated to
respond to comments about WG drafts, particularly in last call.  If
the comments were not clear, a response asking for clarification is
considered sufficient, awaiting the clarification.

Curtis

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:10:18 +0100

I appologies I made an error in sending to the destination address,

AB

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> In message <
> [email-masked]>