Subject: Ask for comments: draft-sl-rtgwg-far-dcn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 08:50:00 +0800

Greeting all,

We uploaded a draft that proposed a generic routing method and protocol 
for a regular data center network, named as the fault-avoidance routing 
(FAR) protocol. FAR protocol provides a generic routing method for all 
kinds of network architectures that are proposed for large-scale cloud 
data centers over the past few years.  FAR protocol is well designed to 
fully leverage the regularity in the topology and compute its routing 
table in a simple way.

We hope to get valuable opinions of experts in the routing group on our 
draft.

Best regards,
Richard Bin Liu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new version of I-D, draft-sl-rtgwg-far-dcn-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bin Liu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:                 draft-sl-rtgwg-far-dcn
Revision:                 00
Title:                            Generic Fault-avoidance Routing Protocol 
for Data Center Networks
Creation date:            2013-12-19
Group:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 24
URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sl-rtgwg-far-dcn-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sl-rtgwg-far-dcn
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sl-rtgwg-far-dcn-00

Abstract:
   This draft proposed a generic routing method and protocol for a
   regular data center network, named as the fault-avoidance routing
   (FAR) protocol.  FAR protocol provides a generic routing method for
   all kinds of network architectures that are proposed for large-scale
   cloud data centers over the past few years.  FAR protocol is well
   designed to fully leverage the regularity in the topology and compute
   its routing table in a simple way.  Fat-tree is taken as an example
   architecture to illuminate how to apply FAR protocol in this draft.