Subject: A Simple BGP-based Mobile Routing System for the Aeronautical Telecommunications Network

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 14:10:01 +0000

Hello,

Yesterday (03/30/2017) I presented "A Simple BGP-based Mobile Routing System
for the Aeronautical Telecommunications Network" at the IETF98 rtgwg session.
I also presented the document at the Distributed Mobility Management (DMM)
session earlier in the week. Both presentations resulted in interesting questions
and comments. I would therefore like to invite community review input on the
document - see below for the announcement with abstract and URLs:

Thanks - Fred
[email-masked]

---

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Simple BGP-based Mobile Routing System for the Aeronautical Telecommunications Network
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-atn-bgp-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-03-29

Abstract:
   The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is investigating
   mobile routing solutions for a worldwide Aeronautical
   Telecommunications Network with Internet Protocol Services (ATN/IPS).
   The ATN/IPS will eventually replace existing communication services
   with an IPv6-based service supporting pervasive Air Traffic
   Management (ATM) for Air Traffic Controllers (ATC), Airline
   Operations Controllers (AOC), and all commercial aircraft worldwide.
   This informational document describes a simple mobile routing service
   based on mature industry standards to address the ATN/IPS
   requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-atn-bgp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-atn-bgp-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-atn-bgp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-atn-bgp-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt