Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain-15.txt> (Routing Key Chain YANG Data Model) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:23:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Routing Key Chain YANG Data Model'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the key chain YANG data model.  A key chain
   is a list of elements each containing a key string, send lifetime,
   accept lifetime, and algorithm (authentication or encryption).  By
   properly overlapping the send and accept lifetimes of multiple key
   chain elements, key strings and algorithms may be gracefully updated.
   By representing them in a YANG data model, key distribution can be
   automated.  Key chains are commonly used for routing protocol
   authentication and other applications.  In some applications, the
   protocols do not use the key chain element key directly, but rather a
   key derivation function is used to derive a short-lived key from the
   key chain element key (e.g., the Master Keys used in the TCP
   Authentication Option.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.