Subject: working group adoption poll for draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case

From: Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 11:46:02 -0500

RTGWG,

The authors of draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case have requested
that RTGWG adopt this draft as a WG document.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case/

Please indicate whether or not you support adoption of the draft
as a WG document.  An explanation of why or why not is also very helpful.

The two authors have already indicated that they know of no relevant IPR
other than what has already been disclosed. The draft has two IPR
disclosures.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3133/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3135/

For some history related to this draft, please see:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtgwg/current/msg06572.html

For information about IPR in IETF technology, see RFC 8179.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8179/

Note that one of the basic principles regarding how the IETF deals with IPR
claims (from RFC 8179)
is that: "The IETF will make no determination about the validity of any
particular IPR claim."

Since Jeff Tantsura is a co-author, he will not be involved in judging
consensus.

The closing date for this poll is Friday, July 6th.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 15:10:07 +0000

I support WG adoption.
Thanks,
Acee

From: Rtg-bfd <[email-masked]> on behalf of Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 12:46 PM
To: Routing WG <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: working group adoption poll for draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case

RTGWG,

The two authors have already indicated that they know of no relevant IPR
other than what has already been disclosed. The draft has two IPR disclosures.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3133/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3135/

Note that one of the basic principles regarding how the IETF deals with IPR claims (from RFC 8179)
is that: "The IETF will make no determination about the validity of any particular IPR claim."

Since Jeff Tantsura is a co-author, he will not be involved in judging consensus.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:46:52 -0700

Yes, support WG adoption as co-author

Regards,
Greg