Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case-04.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 12:10:30 -0700

Dear All,
this proposal has been presented and discussed before. As I understand, the
WG has decided that using BFD to expedite VRRP convergence is problem
with solving. This draft describes how RFC 8562 can be used without any
modification. Also, an extension to VRRP to bootstrap a p2mp BFD session
with the Master Router as the Head is described.
The authors welcome your comments and would appreciate the consideration of
the WG AP.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 11:44 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case-04.txt
To: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case
Revision:       04
Title:          Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multi-point
Networks and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) Use Case
Document date:  2020-07-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case-04.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case-04
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-bfd-p2mp-vrrp-use-case-04

Abstract:
   This document discusses the use of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
   (BFD) for multipoint networks to provide Virtual Router Redundancy
   Protocol (VRRP) with sub-second Master convergence and defines the
   extension to bootstrap point-to-multipoint BFD session.

   This draft updates RFC 5798.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat