Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 17:19:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Routing Policy Management
        Authors         : Yingzhen Qu
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Acee Lindem
                          Xufeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-17.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2020-07-05

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model for configuring and managing
   routing policies in a vendor-neutral way and based on actual
   operational practice.  The model provides a generic policy framework
   which can be augmented with protocol-specific policy configuration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-17
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 11:49:07 +0000

From: rtgwg <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: 06 July 2020 01:19

I think that the reference to bgp-model in this I-D has to be Normative.  Both in the example of how the YANG might be used by a protocol and in the examples, the text only works if the bgp-model remains as it is now - if the structure changes, then those two parts of this I-D become a nonsense.

Tom Petch

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 12:59:40 +0000

Hi Tom, 

On 7/6/20, 7:49 AM, "rtgwg on behalf of tom petch" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

I disagree. The examples are NOT normative and the BGP model augments this model - not vice versa. Hence, it doesn't need to be normative. 

Thanks,
Acee

    Tom Petch

    Abstract:

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 10:17:52 +0000

From: Acee Lindem (acee) <[email-masked]>
Sent: 06 July 2020 13:59

Hi Tom,

<tp>
I see the text in section 7 as integral to the specification of how this model is used and more than the usual worked example; hence my belief that the bgp model is Normative.

Tom petch
Thanks,
Acee

    Tom Petch

    Abstract: