Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-29.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 11:28:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Routing Policy
        Authors         : Yingzhen Qu
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Acee Lindem
                          Xufeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-29.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2021-06-18

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model for configuring and managing
   routing policies in a vendor-neutral way.  The model provides a
   generic routing policy framework which can be extended for specific
   routing protocols using the YANG 'augment' mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-29

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-29

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 21:12:47 +0000

In this version, we removed the reference to the VLAN sub-interface for interface matching. This was due to the dependencies on:

   [INTF-EXT-YANG]
              Wilton, R., Ball, D., [email-masked], t., and S.
              Sivaraj,, "Common Interface Extension YANG Data Models",
              2019, <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-
              intf-ext-yang/>.

  [SUB-INTF-VLAN-YANG]
              Wilton, R., Ball, D., [email-masked], t., and S.
              Sivaraj, "Sub-interface VLAN YANG Data Model", 2019,
              <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-sub-
              intf-vlan-model/>.

Based on a comment from Tom Petch, we decided to remove the need for these normative references that would block publication. The match on VLAN and possibly other sub-interfaces could be added via augmentation or BIS revision once these interface models are published.  

Does anyone have a problem with this? We've witnessed so many delays with other YANG model dependencies that we deemed it best to move forward.

Thanks,
Acee

On 6/18/21, 2:30 PM, "rtgwg on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Abstract:

    _______________________________________________
    rtgwg mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg